Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Not trying to be a "smart ass" just trying to help you in case you didn't know you can buy OEM painted parts from the dealer for a few years.

I'll not make that mistake again, good luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Quite the smartass aren't you! Ever think someone put a larger wheel and fender on their bike and have one laying around?
Larry,

Check your attitude and "read" the post. Kenny learned a lesson the hard way about his front fender...... He was trying to be helpful not a smart ass and yes he probably has heard of someone upgrading their front wheel size and going to a custom fender and having their stock fender sitting on a shelf. Maybe you should have be been more clear for what you were looking for "Takeoff Superior Blue front fender, anybody got one?" That thread title would more than likely get you exactly what you want right out of the box.

People on here are here to help just like I'm helping you learn a lesson in forum etiquette and how to phrase your thread title in order to get the exact response that you want.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Larry,

Check your attitude and "read" the post. Kenny learned a lesson the hard way about his front fender...... He was trying to be helpful not a smart ass and yes he probably has heard of someone upgrading their front wheel size and going to a custom fender and having their stock fender sitting on a shelf. Maybe you should have be been more clear for what you were looking for "Takeoff Superior Blue front fender, anybody got one?" That thread title would more than likely get you exactly what you want right out of the box.

People on here are here to help just like I'm helping you learn a lesson in forum etiquette and how to phrase your thread title in order to get the exact response that you want.

Calgaryglide
I admit that I did have an attitude after taking a brick to the front fender that fell off a truck! I was also aware of the cost of a new one at the dealer. My perception of the comment was wrong and I apologize to Kenny for that.

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
I admit that I did have an attitude after taking a brick to the front fender that fell off a truck! I was also aware of the cost of a new one at the dealer. My perception of the comment was wrong and I apologize to Kenny for that.
Man a brick to the front fender sucks that would make anybodies day a bad one. Will keep an eye out for a Superior Blue front fender for you. I have a few front fenders in my collection but they are all for 13 and older bikes and would not look good on your Rushmore.

You also might try this outfit; Front Fenders A few folks on here have used them to add a more custom look to their bikes.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
369 Posts
Apology accepted, thank you Larry.

Maybe this won't make you feel better, but at least the brick was unavoidable and not your fault whatsoever...here is why I know the dealers cost:

A group of friends and I go riding on most Thursday evenings during the spring/summer/fall months, "Thirsty Thursdays" its called. Meet at someones house, have a beer or three and some unhealthy snacks-then ride to that persons choice for dinner at whatever local bar/pub he chooses. So on the away to dinner I was following one guy riding his beater sportster, we stopped at a light and I was goofing off "bumping" his rear tire-little did I know that while doing that I was smashing my front fender into his rear one and/or the brake light :surprise: and I didn't realize it till we got to the bar. No damage was done to his ride, but the front edge of my fender was dented in and the paint underneath and on the edge was chipping off. It's not terribly bad looking, in fact most might not even notice but I sure know its there so I ordered a new one a few weeks ago-FYI 5 week lead time on painted parts so I have to look at it all the time.

For sale: One dented up Rushmore front fender in Cosmic Blue Pearl, only 9,500 miles :grin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys, I've seen a few used parts on Ebay lately specially the superior blue color. I usually search for 2015 road glide and then hit the used check box on the left... Good luck with your purchase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts