Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have 2 used sets for 2008 and up touring black heads. Both have been worked by Branch Okeefe with the PT head work with 15k miles on them.

http://www.branchokeefe.com/heads.html

The first pair were done when the bike was brand new but had no compression releases. I had a 103" from the start and 255 cams. Well when hot with those cams the engine would be hard to start. Those heads have been a box since 2008. $325.00 plus shipping SOLD!!!! on 2/8/12

The second pair have manual releases with 15k on them with a new pair of spare compression releases. $375.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Do you happen to know what the combustion chamber volume is, on those Branch heads?

Jeff

·
Registered
362 Posts
Do you happen to know what the combustion chamber volume is, on those Branch heads?

Jeff
No I dont. You would have to call them to find out

·
Registered
362 Posts
OK. Were the heads off of a factory 103 or 96 engine? Do you by chance have the part numbers of the heads?

Thanks,

Jeff
Both off a 96" engine

The non compression release head part #s are front head 17090-06 rear head 17096-06 I did some searching online and found out these heads were made by Mercury outboard castings

The heads with manual compression releases front # 17192-06A rear head 17193-06 are harley made castings

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
If Branch is like a lot of good headporters they stamp the heads with a seriel type number so they can just look that number up and tell you what was done to the heads as every set will be a bit different.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I've contacted Branch, and if the seller has any reference numbers to go by, that would be great. The combustion chamber volume, will be very valuable info, as it will determine whether they are compatible with the 29* intake closure of the 48H cam in my bike.

Jeff

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies guys, but I'm looking for a pair that are stock.
Those Branch heads are a screaming deal though.
I had Jerry do up a pair years ago for my Fat Boy, wow it woke it up for sure.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If Branch is like a lot of good headporters they stamp the heads with a seriel type number so they can just look that number up and tell you what was done to the heads as every set will be a bit different.

Ok went out to the garage and found those numbers by Branch. Didnt know they were on there but here they are

non compression release heads front # 08232222 rear # 08232232

Heads with compression releases front # 10021601 rear # 10021613

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion Jeff, and thank you FLTR for taking the time to get those numbers and posting them! I'll get back to you.

Jeff

·
Registered
362 Posts
Update

The heads I have with compression releases are no longer available.

Just the non compression release heads are available

1 - 17 of 17 Posts