Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Thanks. I'm 6' and suspect the top of the 14" shield will be right in my line of sight.
I'm 5'8" and on my rgu it was just under my line of sight. For me it provided more wind protection than the stock windshield but slightly less for passenger. I swirched to a 10" wv purely for looks and while it works ok it's nothing compared to the 14.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you don't have any luck finding a 13" I have a 14" that I'll take $75 for.
Do you have a picture of the 14" on your bike? How tall are you? How did you like 14"?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'll pm you some pics in the morning at work right now. I posted above about my height and how I liked the 14. Worked great just wanted a shorter one to show off my apes. LoL
Actually the 10" one works pretty good too. I get some wind in my face that I didn't feel with the 14. The 14 blocked the wind so well you don't even need to wear glasses.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got the 10" on my bike now and it's a huge improvement over the stock plastic. I do get wind in the face but it's pretty clean air. I do feel buffeting if I wear my half helmet. I'd be interested in seeing what the 14" looks like on the bike too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just bought a 13" after reading countless threads about windshields. I wanted to get a 14" but when I called Windvest the girl said the 14 might be in my line of vision and recommended the 13. The 13 is a huge improvement over the stock HD 16 but I still find myself ducking at higher speeds. I guess I was right, lol. I'm 5'9", 30" inseam. I'm sure seat height has something to do with it too, which is why I am not too upset. I plan on eventually getting my seat lowered.
I'd bet you will be better with the 14, and at $75, its a steal

TMD, if MM doesn't want it I'd be intersted

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Thanks for sending along the tracking number. I'll post my review and comparison against my 10" Windvest back in the windshield forum.

Peace.
Isn't this ironic. You're going from a 10" to a 14" and I went from a 14" to a 10".

Here's my review. The 14" provides awesome wind protection but the 10" looks way cooler, specially with my 16" apes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Isn't this ironic. You're going from a 10" to a 14" and I went from a 14" to a 10".

Here's my review. The 14" provides awesome wind protection but the 10" looks way cooler, specially with my 16" apes.

HA! I like the looks of the stock plastic best, but it's worthless (for me anyway). I'll use the 10" as my day to day but I'm off on a two-week trip at the end of the month and I want a touring windshield. As soon as I'm back, the 10" will go back on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts