Road Glide banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Hell...1970's football was where it was at....better than the pussified game today!
Well, they kind of had to - I still see some of the 85 Bears at speaking engagements around town and guys like Dan Hampton and Mongo can bareley walk from getting pile driven into astro turf and QB's like McMahon who barely know their name (without the meds) due to concussions - Guys like Ronnie Lott who took it personally if you tried to go across the middle and he did not want to tackle you, he wanted to cripple you...something had to change in order to sustain

·
Registered
25 Posts
The new site is a little better to navigate around in. As for the NFL, I quit watching NFL after all that crap with kneeling during the anthem. That really pissed me off so I wrote off the NFL especially because of how the wussy commissioner handled the whole affair like he was scared to call them out for this nonsense! So I have went back to college football, much more entertaining games and no BS about the flag. Could care less who goes to the SB, I'm watching Clemson and LSU this Monday night, 13 Jan 2020!

·
Registered
6,604 Posts
The new site is a little better to navigate around in. As for the NFL, I quit watching NFL after all that crap with kneeling during the anthem. That really pissed me off so I wrote off the NFL especially because of how the wussy commissioner handled the whole affair like he was scared to call them out for this nonsense! So I have went back to college football, much more entertaining games and no BS about the flag. Could care less who goes to the SB, I'm watching Clemson and LSU this Monday night, 13 Jan 2020!
Right On Big Tex!
Very well stated.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I went back to using Tapatalk. The format on that is the same as its always been. I even started paying the .99 a month so I have unlimited pic upload size.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
I agree that the "protest has no business in the work place" but will always commend those who take peaceful actions towards making a change for something they believe in - Its a fact that Police Brutality towards the African American Community runs amuck in this country and has for years...not much has changed since the 60s Civil Rights marches - It was never about disrespecting the flag...that is the media doing their job...it was about calling out a systemic problem in our country on a global platform - I agree, it could have been handled differently but I respect those who stand up for the beliefs and attempt to make change vs complaining and doing nothing about it

Now I know folks will say, "if _____would have listened to the Cop, this would not have happened" but that Cop fully extorted their power of abuse...that is a fact that cannot be hidden...not sure who will or how to fix all of it and damn sure won't find the answer on a RG forum, but I do know that we could all be kinder in our day to days...and that is a good place to start - DAMN my Hippie Mother...time to put on some Peter Paul & Mary

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I agree that the "protest has no business in the work place" but will always commend those who take peaceful actions towards making a change for something they believe in - Its a fact that Police Brutality towards the African American Community runs amuck in this country and has for years...not much has changed since the 60s Civil Rights marches - It was never about disrespecting the flag...that is the media doing their job...it was about calling out a systemic problem in our country on a global platform - I agree, it could have been handled differently but I respect those who stand up for the beliefs and attempt to make change vs complaining and doing nothing about it

Now I know folks will say, "if _____would have listened to the Cop, this would not have happened" but that Cop fully extorted their power of abuse...that is a fact that cannot be hidden...not sure who will or how to fix all of it and damn sure won't find the answer on a RG forum, but I do know that we could all be kinder in our day to days...and that is a good place to start - DAMN my Hippie Mother...time to put on some Peter Paul & Mary
Police brutality is not the problem! Sure,you’ll find some bad apples like any other profession. The problem is the extremely high crime rates in these neighborhoods. The police are forced to patrol these hostile areas and try to clean them up. They are constantly being attacked and challenged and lives threatened. When action is taken,sometimes you may have an over reaction on the part of the officer. That’s because they don’t want to take chances with their lives and want to go home to their families like everybody else. Most of the time officers do an awesome job even though mistakes are made at times. No matter what, the end results are never pretty. Police officers don’t start their shift to go out and target certain groups of people to harass or kill them, that’s just Hollywood BS! The main problem is that the kids in these neighborhoods have no guidance. The solid family structure is broken and many of these kids have no parents to guide them and straighten them out. These kids would rather hang out on street corners and deal drugs etc than go to school . When you have such a high volume and major competition for certain street corners or areas,they start killing each other off and you have violent crimes running out of control. There are many other factors involved also, but nobody seems to want to have this discussion to solve these problems. Instead of these ultra rich athletes kneeling,why don’t they go to these neighborhoods and try to offer some guidance to these kids and maybe use a small fraction of their wealth to help build community centers for these kids to get them off the streets. Unless people start having discussions about how to tackle the major crime problems in the inner cities, things will just continue being the same.Kids will continue killing each other off in astronomical high numbers and police officers will continue risking their lives. What about all the police officers who lost their lives in these inner city neighborhoods over the last decades? It’s time to stop pointing fingers and have a discussion how to tackle these inner city problems!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Police brutality is not the problem! Sure,you’ll find some bad apples like any other profession. The problem is the extremely high crime rates in these neighborhoods. The police are forced to patrol these hostile areas and try to clean them up. They are constantly being attacked and challenged and lives threatened. When action is taken,sometimes you may have an over reaction on the part of the officer. That’s because they don’t want to take chances with their lives and want to go home to their families like everybody else. Most of the time officers do an awesome job even though mistakes are made at times. No matter what, the end results are never pretty. Police officers don’t start their shift to go out and target certain groups of people to harass or kill them, that’s just Hollywood BS! The main problem is that the kids in these neighborhoods have no guidance. The solid family structure is broken and many of these kids have no parents to guide them and straighten them out. These kids would rather hang out on street corners and deal drugs etc than go to school . When you have such a high volume and major competition for certain street corners or areas,they start killing each other off and you have violent crimes running out of control. There are many other factors involved also, but nobody seems to want to have this discussion to solve these problems. Instead of these ultra rich athletes kneeling,why don’t they go to these neighborhoods and try to offer some guidance to these kids and maybe use a small fraction of their wealth to help build community centers for these kids to get them off the streets. Unless people start having discussions about how to tackle the major crime problems in the inner cities, things will just continue being the same.Kids will continue killing each other off in astronomical high numbers and police officers will continue risking their lives. What about all the police officers who lost their lives in these inner city neighborhoods over the last decades? It’s time to stop pointing fingers and have a discussion how to tackle these inner city problems!
Btw,above response was not directed towards Eddie personally or an attack on him, who I consider a friend and a brother! I just have an issue with society in general and especially the media who constantly tries to brainwash and influence the public to demonize and attack certain groups of people. Look how the NRA and lawful gun owners are attacked and fingers pointed at them for for all gun crimes and mass shootings happening. Before Columbine, don’t remember school shootings or other mass shootings being a problem, yet we’ve had guns in our society since foundation of our country. What has changed? Instead of discussing the roots of the problem such as mental illness,dangerous drugs with bad side effects, breakdown in society and family structure,violent video games, social media and isolation etc, it’s easier to just point fingers at law abiding gun owners and the NRA. Sorry, don’t mind me! I just had way too much coffee today LOL

61 - 80 of 109 Posts