Road Glide banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
When the Eagles beat the cowgirls I was ecstatic! When they beat the Giants to make the playoffs, and to keep the cowgirls out, even happier. Going into the game with Seattle, didn't have much confidence. Only had 4 starters left on offense. WR off practice squads. All of that was going to catch up to them and it did.

I don't get into political discussions with anybody really. Usually doesn't end great.

I have been an avid sports fan my whole life, my dad worked for the Eagles for 13 years when I was a kid, nothing with the team, part time job. I grew up smiling and crying with how all Philly teams did. These athletes get paid what they do because not many people can do what they can do, and people will pay to watch it. Only reason I have direct tv is to watch the NFL games, and I don't agree with the kneeling. Not dismissing what police, firefighters or teachers make.

People down south are crazy college football fans, I like it a lot too. People always say its more exciting. Its more exciting because there is more mistakes then in a NFL game. Doesn't matter to me because I'm watching it no matter what anyway

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Police brutality is not the problem! Sure,you’ll find some bad apples like any other profession. The problem is the extremely high crime rates in these neighborhoods. The police are forced to patrol these hostile areas and try to clean them up. They are constantly being attacked and challenged and lives threatened. When action is taken,sometimes you may have an over reaction on the part of the officer. That’s because they don’t want to take chances with their lives and want to go home to their families like everybody else. Most of the time officers do an awesome job even though mistakes are made at times. No matter what, the end results are never pretty. Police officers don’t start their shift to go out and target certain groups of people to harass or kill them, that’s just Hollywood BS! The main problem is that the kids in these neighborhoods have no guidance. The solid family structure is broken and many of these kids have no parents to guide them and straighten them out. These kids would rather hang out on street corners and deal drugs etc than go to school . When you have such a high volume and major competition for certain street corners or areas,they start killing each other off and you have violent crimes running out of control. There are many other factors involved also, but nobody seems to want to have this discussion to solve these problems. Instead of these ultra rich athletes kneeling,why don’t they go to these neighborhoods and try to offer some guidance to these kids and maybe use a small fraction of their wealth to help build community centers for these kids to get them off the streets. Unless people start having discussions about how to tackle the major crime problems in the inner cities, things will just continue being the same.Kids will continue killing each other off in astronomical high numbers and police officers will continue risking their lives. What about all the police officers who lost their lives in these inner city neighborhoods over the last decades? It’s time to stop pointing fingers and have a discussion how to tackle these inner city problems!
I hear ya man and by no means am I attacking the Bronze...many of my buddies are Police and hear it right from them that they just see the situation one way if the kid is black and another way if he is white - Granted, they are pre-dispositioned as their beat is the South Side of Chicago...West Side is more Latino - I know its not all Police but C'mon Rog, you are a smart man...Laquain McDonald got 16 shots pumped into him as he walked "away" from the Cops carry'ing a blade the size of @eddienelson wee wee aka small - Michael Ferguson got got because he mouthed off and walked away - Now I get that in the heat of the moment when ensuing chase where you have a millisecond do either draw or take fire...this I get but when we see year after year, decade after decade nothing changing...folks just may take whatever platform they can - I agree, the athletes could always do more, many have inner city programs that show positive results in the community and I may take a ton of heat for this next comment but in a sense, I admire that Colin Kap walked away from a Career and Millions to stand up for what he believes in - Do I agree with HOW he did it, no, not at all...but I will commend those who stand up for their beliefs when trying to make a peaceful change

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Btw,above response was not directed towards Eddie personally or an attack on him, who I consider a friend and a brother! I
I never took it as such Brother...you know I consider you and Johnny Boy family...this is CONVERSATION and DEBATE and something I admire about you and this board - We can agree, disagree or walk away...its all good man - I actually miss this about our present state of society - People do not "talk" anymore...they post a comment like this and then get upset of anyone should dare to disagree - I WANT the disagree as that is how I learn - If life was full of nothing but agree, we would be even more fucked

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I hear ya man and by no means am I attacking the Bronze...many of my buddies are Police and hear it right from them that they just see the situation one way if the kid is black and another way if he is white - Granted, they are pre-dispositioned as their beat is the South Side of Chicago...West Side is more Latino - I know its not all Police but C'mon Rog, you are a smart man...Laquain McDonald got 16 shots pumped into him as he walked "away" from the Cops carry'ing a blade the size of @eddienelson wee wee aka small - Michael Ferguson got got because he mouthed off and walked away - Now I get that in the heat of the moment when ensuing chase where you have a millisecond do either draw or take fire...this I get but when we see year after year, decade after decade nothing changing...folks just may take whatever platform they can - I agree, the athletes could always do more, many have inner city programs that show positive results in the community and I may take a ton of heat for this next comment but in a sense, I admire that Colin Kap walked away from a Career and Millions to stand up for what he believes in - Do I agree with HOW he did it, no, not at all...but I will commend those who stand up for their beliefs when trying to make a peaceful change
I hear what you’re saying. I just feel that society is so broken that there’s no turning back. There’s way too much division in our country also and seems like it’s just getting worse. Not sure where this is going to take us as a country but doesn’t look good

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I never took it as such Brother...you know I consider you and Johnny Boy family...this is CONVERSATION and DEBATE and something I admire about you and this board - We can agree, disagree or walk away...its all good man - I actually miss this about our present state of society - People do not "talk" anymore...they post a comment like this and then get upset of anyone should dare to disagree - I WANT the disagree as that is how I learn - If life was full of nothing but agree, we would be even more fucked
So true, if we all thought the same with same exact views and opinions it would be a weird and boring world I guess lol

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
What cracks me up is no matter what thread,whether it’s this one or any oil thread, Eddie Nelson always pops up somehow and at times an occasional goat or 2 lol. I think EN would be insulted with that blade comparison though since he considers himself to be in machete territory LOL

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
What cracks me up is no matter what thread,whether it’s this one or any oil thread, Eddie Nelson always pops up somehow and at times an occasional goat or 2 lol. I think EN would be insulted with that blade comparison though since he considers himself to be in machete territory LOL
We kid cuz we love....it's also my way of drawing him out and getting him to post more - We were texting yesterday about a Summer Trip to Che Nordic in which you are required to fly in and ride his Dyna...Mark's presence will be mandatory too...prob need to clear it with that tall Duck Dynasty looking mother fucker but can't see a "no" coming out of his camp

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
We kid cuz we love....it's also my way of drawing him out and getting him to post more - We were texting yesterday about a Summer Trip to Che Nordic in which you are required to fly in and ride his Dyna...Mark's presence will be mandatory too...prob need to clear it with that tall Duck Dynasty looking mother fucker but can't see a "no" coming out of his camp
Sounds like a good plan Eddie

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
You know the best thing about this forum? No politically sensitive topics. It's a place where right wing nut jobs and left wing snowflakes can post together in peace and harmony.
Is it our age that allows us to coexist? Honestly, this site truly is one of a kind.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
What's nice about here is no one getting hurt over the ribbing...(Ed's??) Look forward to meeting some of you at SW X. One day meet Jack to have a cup of coffee with.

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you don't think AB was a serious distraction to the goals of the Steelers, we must watch different sports coverage.
Dude, Tomlin kept him under wraps until last season and the last GAME of last season after JuJu was voted MVP by the team and AB had a pity party and sat out the last game. Then the Steelers dumped him. He wasn't a distraction prior to that.

The Pats knew what they were getting when they negotiated for him, it was only after the #metoo stuff came out that they dumped him. When the owner of the team is under scrutiny for getting a "happy ending" in a massage parlor in Florida, they weren't about to sully their reputation further by holding on to a accused sex offender that had just joined the team.
That is pretty much what I said, the stuff came out and Pats knew he was going to be banned from playing anyway so why keep him around. We agree on that for sure.

I don't think you really want to start comparing QB statistics because that's a black and white debate you'll lose every time. Biggest stat - 6 rings vs 2!

I am not going to debate "stats" because I don't think "Stats" are the only thing that tells games.

But I can arrange stats to feed my argument as well.

If you look at Average PER game here are the stats of both players:

PassingRushing
RkPlayerFromToCmpAttYdsTDIntSkYdsAttYdsTD
1Tom Brady2000201922.435.0261.71.90.61.811.02.13.60.1
2Ben Roethlisberger2004201921.333.2259.41.70.92.315.22.

So how is he SOOOO much better than Ben??? 1 more completion per game? 1.9 TD's per 1.7? That whole 3 extra yards per game? Stats can go any way you want them to go... I know you got "The rings", but you could've/should've lost 2 out of your last 3. If Carrol didn't try to "outsmart" himself and throw it and if Atlanta would just run the ball for 3 plays, you wouldn't be as almighty, but those things happened and I am not going to say their run hasn't been unprecedented.

I just can't understand why the Steelers continue to pin their hopes on an order QB who never plays a full season. They should have set themselves up with a back up to take over Big Ben's role years ago. Just because he's a fan favorite (or WAS) doesn't mean you keep pinning your future on him.
Personally I think if Brady would've been on many of those steeler teams in the past he wouldn't have such gaudy stats. Our OL was horrendous for many years and what you call Ben "Injury prone" I commend him that he wasn't killed in some of those years. Difference in QB's is that Ben tries to make plays when under pressure. Brady folds like a cheap suit (like Manning would do all those years) I AM NOT BASHING HIM FOR DOING THAT! He stayed healthy for most of his career and there is nothing wrong with falling to the ground instead of taking a hit from a 300lb LB.

Also, he played full seasons in 2011 / 2013 / 2014 / 2017 and 2018. Missing only 2 games in 2016. Not many QB's (besides yours) make it full seasons.

All in good fun.
Of course it is. Since I got no horse in the race anymore (well I could go for the home team up here in the Frozen Tundra, they are my adopted team.) I have nothing better to do.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I would take Montana all day every day over Brady. Eagles beat him once and should have beat him the first time. Lot of stuff you hear the patriots doing, started before the eagles patriots first super bowl.
No denying that Brady gets special treatment from the refs, its been recorded. Hit Brady like some of these other QBs get hit and there are yellow flags all over the field.
Cant deny that he is a great QB, but I will never say he is better then Montana, Marino, Elway

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Really??? You're going to use that old "Brady gets special treatment" argument? That's so ridiculous that I can't believe you pulled that out of the bottom draw. Tell me exactly why it is that all the refs give him special treatment and why just him? I had a shirt on today that has a graphic on the front of #12 throwing a pass and around the graphic it says, "They hate us, 'cause they ain't us" and that's the most truthful thing I could say about all the anti-Patriot rhetoric Pats fans have had to endure for all these years. I recognize it, I used to feel the same way about the Cowboys when they were dominating the league back in the day.

As far as your assertion that Montana, Elway, and Marino are as good if not better than Brady ...... that doesn't even warrant an answer. I lived in Denver for 10+ years during Elway's playing years. He had some very good games and seasons, but he also had some terrible years. With the money that Pat Bolin spent bringing in talent to surround Elway, he should have won more than 2 Super Bowls. I always admired him for his will to win, but John never had the pure talent of Brady.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I would take Montana all day every day over Brady. Eagles beat him once and should have beat him the first time. Lot of stuff you hear the patriots doing, started before the eagles patriots first super bowl.
No denying that Brady gets special treatment from the refs, its been recorded. Hit Brady like some of these other QBs get hit and there are yellow flags all over the field.
Cant deny that he is a great QB, but I will never say he is better then Montana, Marino, Elway
You guy's can't really compare QB's prior to the millennium with QB's after. The rules really softened up the game after the Millennium ,which made it a lot easier for QB's and receivers to hook up.
Not saying all the QB's mentioned aren't all great players ,but it's very hard to try to compare them all with the changes that took place in the nfl over the years.

By the way fuzz ,you got to give it to the pats, because if you ain't cheating you ain't trying. :)

Boy this thread is all over the place .

81 - 100 of 109 Posts