Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Looks like the modification vaccine did not work on you! LOL.
Looking forward to how this turns out.
Plenty on ideas to drain your bank account can be found here.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Being in WI I think you would have tried to wait at least until the end of October, unless you get it back together soon you're going to miss the rest of the riding season. But I guess if the bug bites hard you have to do what you want to do.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Being in WI I think you would have tried to wait at least until the end of October, unless you get it back together soon you're going to miss the rest of the riding season. But I guess if the bug bites hard you have to do what you want to do.

Sent from my SPH-L710

Summer in WI goes from June 15th to Aug 1st, so it's over. Hopefully I'll have it back up and running on Saturday.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A few pics from what I did tonight. I had to shave off the pilliars of the stock speaker grills for the adapters to fit flush, an angle grinder worked well for this and made quick work of the job.

For the speakers in the inner fairing, I went to Microsoft Word and made a template for my speakers, 5.05" hole and 6.85" grill diameter. I made cross hairs over the template to line them up exactly the same on both sides, then taped them in place. Using the smallest drill bit I had, I drilled a hole in the center and then one at 12, 3, 6 & 9 o clock for reference. I removed the template and used a compass to draw a perfect circle, drilled a starter hole and then simply used a jig saw to cut the holes.

Now I just need to figure out the wiring harness, not sure what it's all about but I'm still doing research on that.

Here's some pics, the inner fairing isn't that beat up, it's just dusty.

Wade

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Looking good so far. What took you so long to start making mods? :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice work Wade...when are you heading to NY with those templates? Have cold beer!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts