Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So out of boredom I'm cruising eBay. Searched "2015 Road Glide" just to see what would pop up...

Sure enough.....I see a pic of MY BIKE listed! I click the link and its an auction for a full set of tins, but he's showing a pic of MY BIKE in the auction!

Here it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-TOURING-FLTRXS-Road-Glide-FAIRING-TIN-Paint-Set-Read-AD-/171718337095?hash=item27fb35e247&vxp=mtr

My bike is the first pic you'll see in the auction...the rest are something else.

Sure enough, I'll be reporting him as that pisses me off!

He obviously took the picture right off this site at this link here on RG.org: http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=177513&page=3

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And now he's sending more emails to me...

I'm sure. Lol. F you Dude.
His username on eBay is: j123creative and his eBay store is: BAD ASS CYCLES ETC

·
Super Moderator
13,333 Posts
Is he selling tins that look exactly like yours? if so, maybe he just didn't have a picture. No real concern unless he took your parts, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is he selling tins that look exactly like yours? if so, maybe he just didn't have a picture. No real concern unless he took your parts, or am I missing something?
Yes, he's selling tins that look like mine. I emailed him asking him to remove the picture of my bike though (seeing as though it's not needed for the auction, plus he has other pictures of a bike on there too) and he came back with one heck of an attitude about it. Just pisses me off to no end. He has all kinds of pics of the actual tins...a pic of MY bike is NOT needed.

And to get technical, using a pic of MY bike on HIS auction without my permission is against eBay rules.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
So what am I missing??? The guy used a photo off of the Web. It happens all the time. He wasn't trying to sell your bike, but a set of tins just like yours. Mmm..That should tell you alot about your bike. Same as everyone else's stock looking pics. It would fuel my desire to make some obvious changes.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mmm..That should tell you alot about your bike. Same as everyone else's stock looking pics. It would fuel my desire to make some obvious changes.
Should tell me a lot about my bike? Care to elaborate??

Maybe I'll just create an auction on there for something and have a pic of YOUR bike on there. I'm sure you'd want it removed too.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Guy wants perfect feedback but doesn't like dealing with "picky people".....screams stay the hell away from this guy for me. His price is not bad if he were offering the complete set but...he's not.

Flattering to use your bike but fraud as well. Looks like an old Bait and Switch to me, should be good enough for ebay to investigate him at the least.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'd be flattered. I don't see what the big deal is. Check google images, I bet you can find pictures of it on there if you Google "denim 2015 road glide special" should email google and get that removed as well.(googled it, fourth pic on Google images is your bike)... If you post pictures on the internet, people have access to it. Kids are learning that in school now a days. I'd hate to be the guy that looks at your bike while walking out of the gas station.

·
Administrator
13,338 Posts
We sold a Time Out camper that's pulled behind the bike , and after it was sold , a guy on a bike camping forum I am on , posted a link for a Time Out for sale , and wala , some guy in the mid west was selling his TO with my pics from the camping forum where I had listed it ..

Happens all the time

JtB

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
IIRC I just heard, on the news the other day, regarding pictures. Pictures are the sole property of the person who took them, regardless of who the item pictured belongs to. Example... If I used Sethjamto's camera and took this picture it would be my property to do with as I please, even though I used his camera to take it. I believe that there's a valid complaint and it should be removed.

I encountered a similar issue with a company who sold fox body Mustang parts. Opened a catalog and seen a picture of my car on their pages. I didn't do/say anything because I thought it was pretty cool to have my car in their catalog.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I see the point of being PO'd around the crappy replies, but really don't see this being a major earth shaker......he has trins & used pics of yours (and maybe others) as examples of how a bike would look like with them installed.
Yes- his replies proove he's a Douche, but other than that I wouldn't loose any sleep or continue to twitch about it.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Should tell me a lot about my bike? Care to elaborate??

Maybe I'll just create an auction on there for something and have a pic of YOUR bike on there. I'm sure you'd want it removed too.
dude, I think you are over reacting a little bit, I wouldn't worry about it. Now, if he was trying to scam people saying that he was the owner of your bike and was showing pics trying to sell it, that would be a different story. But for what he's doing, no big deal.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I feel your pain....I was in the pm. Catalog for yrs. (ACTUALLY me i was in sturgis ) called them looking for a days wages all i got was a good laugh.
Around the same time a few of us were up snowmobiling it was cold windy and snowing like hell . Were chilling in hot tub lodge owner asks to take a pic next yr im up getting gas were on the cover of the chamber of commerce visitors guide. That hot tub pic got us more perks we were famous up there

·
Registered
458 Posts
He should take the picture down as asked. This is a simple courtesy that we all expect from fellow bikers.

It would be a piss poor world if we didn't treat each other with some respect and courtesy.

This forum is a great place because we do extend some respect and courtesies to others.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.