Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay my radio stuff got here today,head unit is the alpine 149bt,amp is soundstream 4.5 and speakers are focal 6.5 ca1 model,i get deck and speakers in and hook up one speaker just to hear it,i plug my iphone into it and turned it on,it sounded distorted as all beat hell,tried playing with the bass and treble and several different songs and it all sounded distorted,am I doing something wrong here? I cant seem to imagine running thru the amp as it would make it even worse no?

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Unless you have pics or can go into more detail, it's really hard to diagnose your problem. Did you try another speaker, did you try another channel on the head unit, is it hooked up correctly? Really hard to tell unless you can be just a little more specific, and do some trouble shooting.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
never thought about the polarity,i just did a quick hook up to hear it,ill chek it out in the morning thanxs

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I had a bad patch cord once between my mp3 and the head unit, it would play music, but sounded just as you described.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay got the amp mounted,yeah that was fun making the bracket,1st attempt it was to low and hit the outter lol,made another and the fit is awesome.now amp on with stereo the speakers don't sound good,very distorted and unable to take bass at 1/2 way on bass selector,so I called sidecar cycles and they are suggesting pulling out the new focals as the ones I got are entry level and there not gonna take the abuse,there recommending hawg wired speakers,has anyone used these speakers? looking for feedback,they told me these will handle hours of loud pumping hard rock without blowing up..

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
I like Hawgwired, I have 4 of their amps and have previously used their speakers and amps, but I have to disagree with what you were told. I have Focal speakers, before I had my present set up I was using the CAs, yes they are entry level, but they're a good speaker, I was using them with the RF PBR amp and had to have the volume pretty high before they distorted. Have you tried hooking one of your OEM speakers up to see how it sounds?

Sent from my SPH-L710

1 - 8 of 8 Posts