Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone installed X-Trim across the top of the inner fairing? If so, is there a spacing issue? Longer screws needed? My OEM HD crap is coming off like the sides did. Just don't want to glue that junk back on.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
X Trim is a great product but is kinda bulky looking IMO. I just went to the local hardware store and bought a $10 pack of black U-shaped door trim. There is enough in the pack to do at least 2 bikes. Plus I installed one piece all the way around the inner fairing and it looks way better than putting it on in pieces. I have removed my fairing numerous times and it stays in place much better that way because there is more contact area. No more messing around with that short piece above the stereo. When installing one piece all the way around you have to cut 4 notches on the bottom half of the trim in order to go around the 4 plastic support pieces that are molded into the inner fairing. You will not be able to see the notches when installed as they are on the inside portion of the inner fairing. The door trim also has adhesive in it to help it stay in place.

·
Registered
734 Posts
You can also go to autozone or the like and get some standard automotive door trim... It's under $10, has a bit of adhesive in it. I used it to replace the HD trim, as well as the stock piece above the radio...

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
When I changed my W/S I also replaced the old OEM trim with another OEM, but I installed it correctly, the factory did a sad @ss job. It has the adhesive & it's ready to go but make sure you get all the old $hit off.
On mine its a tight fit with the OEM. IMHO, those other trims just don't cut, ugly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts