Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So Im looking at a FL-ViED-10 for $60 shipped.

Right now the bike has a stock 2:1 headpipe and stock A/C. It has a SE supertrapp slip on.

I want to get a full exhaust, preferably duals and a nice A/C.

I also want the bike to run as cool as possible. What is your experience with the adjustable FL-ViED-10? Easy to install? Work good? Can I get away without a tuner if I put this on and only do exhaust and A/C?

Thanks.

Registered
If a stage 1 is all you plan on doing, you'll be fine with FL-VIEDS. With new cat-less headers, a/c and mufflers you'll want to set them at about 25%, which will put you at about 14.0:1 AFR, but I wouldnt expect miracles in terms of heat reduction (no matter what you do)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that quick help bud.

I went ahead and got them. Couldn't pass it up for $60 shipped. Ill have to figure out how to install them, adjust them, etc... I'm sure the adjustments will be quite different from my stock setup now after I get pipes and a/c.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Got it! Thanks friend. Still a lil fuzzy on it, but that there gives me a great starting point.

Now to find an exhaust and a/c!

I still want the thundermaxx someday though!

Registered
I am pleased with the adjustable XIED's until I go past stage 1. I have mine set at 50% and I am very pleased especially considering the price. I cannot justify $1,000 for the Tmax until engine work is done. My bike is still under warranty so i don't want to do anything to give dealer an excuse not to fix any potential issues between now and November.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have a warrenty, but I also don't wanna spend more than what's needed for what I wanna do. Of course I'd love to tear into the engine, but its financially not feasible for at least a year or 2 minimum. I'd love to get an auto tmax and will someday, but for now if I can make this 60 dollar part work and work well I'm gonna do that.

I only have plans for a full exhaust and air cleaner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts