Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Been thinking about the same a long time. Tell more about your findings, i am curious.

·
Super Moderator
10,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will do , but I can say running back and forth to werk it's prolly only gonna be 3-4 mpg and it is running a lot cooler at idle after it gets hot ( and it's hot here ) , defintely sounds better , can feel in the throttle it's getting more fuel ..

No road trips yet , but my buddy in Mo got 37-39 at 75-80 on an 1800 mile trip ..

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Ah, grasshopper take the lotus position and let me tell ya - I put down 260 miles yesterday with the newly installed FL-Xied wiring. Temp was 83*, 5 mph wind, full sun, jeans/T-shirt. I was fully aware that -

1) Super easy to install.
2) The bike's throttle response was much quicker. I generally have to roll the throttle to about 1,200 rpm to pull from a stoplight - could just get on it now. No decel popping, engine sounded good.
3) I kept checking the heat next to and behind my right leg and noticed that the heat, while still there, felt less hot (not too scientific) - normally I feel the heat on my inner thigh and I didn't feel it all day. I was aware that while catching a long light in one town that the heat was there but wasn't burning my leg.
4) 44 mpg - 99% hwy (70 mph) 1% towns (35 mph)

So, for $107.95 from phatperformanceparts.com - I'm pretty satisfied. :D

Oh and BTW - the new sheepskin seat cover worked great too. ;) alaskanleather.com

·
Super Moderator
10,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ah, grasshopper take the lotus position and let me tell ya - I put down 260 miles yesterday with the newly installed FL-Xied wiring. Temp was 83*, 5 mph wind, full sun, jeans/T-shirt. I was fully aware that -

yep real easy didnt have ta call my tech on speed dial
2)
The bike's throttle response was much quicker. I generally have to roll the throttle to about 1,200 rpm to pull from a stoplight - could just get on it now. No decel popping, engine sounded good.

same problem , solved , that roll on was especially aggravating

3) I kept checking the heat next to and behind my right leg and noticed that the heat, while still there, felt less hot (not too scientific) - normally I feel the heat on my inner thigh and I didn't feel it all day. I was aware that while catching a long light in one town that the heat was there but wasn't burning my leg.

concur , my scientific tests gave same results

4) 44 mpg - 99% hwy (70 mph) 1% towns (35 mph)

US highway to werk 18 miles each way , rarely get outta fourth , and usually crank it a bit to around 3500 , fueled up this morning , 38 mpg ..44 hiway is good I was gettin 47-50 at 70

So, for $107.95 from phatperformanceparts.com - I'm pretty satisfied. :D

got mine from someone here for half that , so am twice as happy

Oh and BTW - the new sheepskin seat cover worked great too. ;) alaskanleather.com
oooppps I offered ta send ya one :eek:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Just looked at there site wonder how this work with the fuel pack? Any thoughts?
You don't want to add this to a cycle that has a FuelPak on it. The FuelPak has already changed the air-fuel ratio for you, based on what map you have installed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Still don't have fuel pack dialed in 100%. Always looking for new options. Need to call Derrik at V&H for more changes still don't have the throttle response that I want.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Hum!? The Xied site says that their unit works well with the FuelPak. I have the FL-Xied and a FuelPak and my results are posted above. No need to re-adjust the FuelPak settings with the Xied installed. I'm totally happy...;)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
2) The bike's throttle response was much quicker. I generally have to roll the throttle to about 1,200 rpm to pull from a stoplight - could just get on it now. No decel popping, engine sounded good.
3) Oil temp gage reads 239* on a 90* day of hard riding with leather lowers on.
4) 49 mpg averaged over 1,780 trip.

Here's the FuelPak story and link -->

"Fuel Pak and IED's have proven to be a very effective combination. Because Fuel Pak is primarily an open loop device and the XiED's a closed loop device, they actually compliment each other. Multiple fuel controllers always have the potential for problems because they can fight for control of the fuel mixture. We always recommend you try to work with your original fuel controller before adding an IED, but the Fuel Pak/XiED combination has proven to be one that is well behaved".
source: http://www.nightrider.com/parts/ied_faq.htm

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Very good information here, I was just schooled (not too hard to do). I have a PCV so the V-IED isn't a good answer from me according to the information I just read here. I am thinking to just take it down to my local independent and have them Dyno my bike for me and match it all together. This will be a winter thing for me cause I am also going to get new header pipes to eleminate the cat, I don't have the cash flow at this point to do it so I am waiting.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Installed xied have set at 50% only made short trip but can feel a difference. Will set at 75% and see how it does, running in conjunction with fuel pack. O codes thrown should be ok

·
Registered
69 Posts
Installed xied have set at 50% only made short trip but can feel a difference. Will set at 75% and see how it does, running in conjunction with fuel pack. O codes thrown should be ok
How did 75% work out

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 20 of 25 Posts