Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the weekend installing a myriad of aftermarket bolt on's and saved the lights for last, figuring they'd be most time consuming. I got these mounted;

https://www.xkglow.com/Chrome_Motorcycle_Highway_Bar_Switchback_Lights_p/xk034014-w.htm

Have the wires pulled up, fairing disassembled and am ready to wire......but where? I'm not particularly interested in the fog lamp switched harness - I don't see any reason I'd want these off, considering there are turn signals integrated. I see that there are what look like two auxiliary wiring harness connections available in the front of the fairing left and right. Does either one of these supply continuous power for lights with turn signal capability? I do have the shop manual and wiring diagrams - just figured someone here would have the experience already and know if I need to purchase a harness, connectors, etc. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually purchased in black - just posted the chrome for reference. Well made, nice looking product. Unfortunately, no instructions in the box and the PDF is not downloading on their website right now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suppose that would make sense - I believe the turn signal connector was a 3 pin and these are 3 wire. I'd like to get the proper connectors to make a pigtail from the primary rather than splice though. I've got a one track mind sometimes - I was looking for a place to plug and play without chopping into wires and ignoring the obvious.

With these being LED, I'd have to imagine the existing turn signal fuse would be able to handle the minimal extra load?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I suppose that would make sense - I believe the turn signal connector was a 3 pin and these are 3 wire. I'd like to get the proper connectors to make a pigtail from the primary rather than splice though. I've got a one track mind sometimes - I was looking for a place to plug and play without chopping into wires and ignoring the obvious.

With these being LED, I'd have to imagine the existing turn signal fuse would be able to handle the minimal extra load?
I cant imagine them overloading the existing fuse, but if they did a switch from incandescent to led turn signals would remedy that in short order.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Spent the weekend installing a myriad of aftermarket bolt on's and saved the lights for last, figuring they'd be most time consuming. I got these mounted;

https://www.xkglow.com/Chrome_Motorcycle_Highway_Bar_Switchback_Lights_p/xk034014-w.htm

Have the wires pulled up, fairing disassembled and am ready to wire......but where? I'm not particularly interested in the fog lamp switched harness - I don't see any reason I'd want these off, considering there are turn signals integrated. I see that there are what look like two auxiliary wiring harness connections available in the front of the fairing left and right. Does either one of these supply continuous power for lights with turn signal capability? I do have the shop manual and wiring diagrams - just figured someone here would have the experience already and know if I need to purchase a harness, connectors, etc. Thanks for any help!

Just bought these - will send instructions in next thread

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks - the dropbox stuff wouldn't open on the work computer, but I was able to copy and paste this.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Ok spoke to custom Dynamics -
was tring to get the pig tails in attached pic but not necessary

Leds have low draw so you can scotch lock or posi tap
directly into the existing FRONT turn signals on the front of your bike no load eq necessary
(or can use a quick disconnect for each side for when taking off fairing)

HD WIRES (L) SIDE
BLUE = SOLID RUNNING
BLUE / PURPLE = FLASHERS
BLACK = GROUND

(R) SIDE
BLUE = SOLID RUNNING
BLUE / BROWN = FLASHERS
BLACK = GROUND

- SO AFTER MARKET L&R SIDE - CONVERTION
- RED IS (FLASHING )
(SOLID COLOR - IF WHITE OR GREEN OR BLUE WHATEVER)- IS RUNNING
BLACK IS - GROUND