Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed an XK Glow accent kit on their Glide?

Just wondering where everyone put their pods/strips. I went all out and got 14 pods and 12 9" strips - I'm betting using 1/2 of them is going to be enough.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I installed their 6 pod 2 strip kit with 2 additional strips a couple weeks ago. 2 strips under the bags on the rail, 2 pods on the flat piece under the frame towards the rear. 2 strips and 2 pods under the tank(didn't really want to put the pods there but the way they connect there was no choice; the pod ends up being right next to the strip which is kind of a waste.) and I put 2 pods under the nose above the front fender. The plan was to put them inside the fender but I used the 1 set of included extensions from the rear strips to the controller under the seat so I couldn't get the light to reach the front wheel. After I was done I decided I still needed to light the front wheel up so i was going to order 2 more pods, before I ordered I figured I might as well light up under the floor boards as well. So I got for more pods and put them inside the front fender and under the boards. So all in I ended up with 10 pods 4 strips and am totally satisfied with the result. Easy install as well; biggest thing is figuring out how to route everything so all your wires reach. Full disclosure a couple weeks after install my bluetooth module stopped connecting and one of the lights seemed to develop a short. I got XK on the phone and told them the problem, we tried resetting the module but it appeared done for. The gentlemen said they typically never have a problem with the module and one of the pins was more than likely the culprit for the pod. He sent replacements right away which I installed Friday and all is well again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed their 6 pod 2 strip kit with 2 additional strips a couple weeks ago. 2 strips under the bags on the rail, 2 pods on the flat piece under the frame towards the rear. 2 strips and 2 pods under the tank(didn't really want to put the pods there but the way they connect there was no choice; the pod ends up being right next to the strip which is kind of a waste.) and I put 2 pods under the nose above the front fender. The plan was to put them inside the fender but I used the 1 set of included extensions from the rear strips to the controller under the seat so I couldn't get the light to reach the front wheel. After I was done I decided I still needed to light the front wheel up so i was going to order 2 more pods, before I ordered I figured I might as well light up under the floor boards as well. So I got for more pods and put them inside the front fender and under the boards. So all in I ended up with 10 pods 4 strips and am totally satisfied with the result. Easy install as well; biggest thing is figuring out how to route everything so all your wires reach. Full disclosure a couple weeks after install my bluetooth module stopped connecting and one of the lights seemed to develop a short. I got XK on the phone and told them the problem, we tried resetting the module but it appeared done for. The gentlemen said they typically never have a problem with the module and one of the pins was more than likely the culprit for the pod. He sent replacements right away which I installed Friday and all is well again.
Nice. I bought the 14 pod / 12 strip package - there are plenty of connectors and extensions in the package so it ought to give me all the options I need. I'll most likely only use half of them, but want it to be nice and clean. Thinking of ordering a 2nd controller for a 4-zone setup, but not sure I want to go that crazy. With all of the household projects, it'll probably be a month before I get to it. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nice. I bought the 14 pod / 12 strip package - there are plenty of connectors and extensions in the package so it ought to give me all the options I need. I'll most likely only use half of them, but want it to be nice and clean. Thinking of ordering a 2nd controller for a 4-zone setup, but not sure I want to go that crazy. With all of the household projects, it'll probably be a month before I get to it. Thanks for the reply.
No problem, that's alot of lights! I don't even think you'll use half! Plenty of options for you though. The app is pretty cool, lots of customization options!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Got these for my birthday from the old lady... I'll install and update (with pics) when I get to it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Got these for my birthday from the old lady... I'll install and update (with pics) when I get to it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Nice! Don't know if you'll be around but a few of my brothers from Houston and Dallas are heading to SA Memorial Day Weekend. Staying at RAFB and heading out to ride the sisters on Saturday!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Mine

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Four weeks later and mine are still sitting in their original box unopened. My garage has been completely taken over by contractors - it'll be at least another two weeks before I have room to put her up on the lift.

·
Registered
228 Posts
which strip kit you use?
started with the 6 pod 2 strip and ordered 2 extra strips. Ended p ordering 2 more pods so you may as well do the 8 pod 4 strip kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brake light feed wire?

I bought a set of these for my 16 glide and I am not sure where to tie in the brake light wire so the leds all turn red. Does any one here have a pic or location of where to tap in to the brake light feed?

Thanks, Les

·
Registered
228 Posts
I didn't connect that feature.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Just got mine today...now to find time to install them.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I bought a set of these for my 16 glide and I am not sure where to tie in the brake light wire so the leds all turn red. Does any one here have a pic or location of where to tap in to the brake light feed?

Thanks, Les
I talked to Scott from XK at Daytona...he says that they tap into the brake light relay under the seat.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts