Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
XL Banana Boards and stock lowers

I have a 2013 RGU, and I want to get the XL banana boards, but not sure if they will clear my lowers. I currently have extenders on now that move me fwd & out 1" Iv'e seen a few pics when I did a search, but none of them were clear enough to see if they were the 14" or 19" and how much room there was. I also plan on getting extended heel & toe shift levers, so I can have a little room for my size 14's.

Any help or suggestions would be great!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I emailed cyclesmiths a while back with the same question. They responded saying they will fit as long as you don't use extenders.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I just got my XL banana boards in today and will be putting them on, however I saw a photo somewhere mounted in reverse and it looked pretty sweet. meaning the round part going up front. looking at them that way actually made sense and looks like to give more space in the back to place feet.

Anyways, I have lower fairings and will post pics very soon.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Because I have the Lower fairings, I had to install the correct way otherwise I think they would have looked real good.

Right side has a spacing of about 1/2" and the left side 1/4" to less.

Bike is dirty

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks for the pics. It looks like they are going up into the lowers. If this is the case do you think that with 1" out and forward extenders that the XLs will work?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
1" out yes, 1" forward probably not. The Next size down Banana Boards would probably work just fine

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I just installed a set of XLs on my 2011 RGU. Had to loosen my left lower and move it a bit to get enough room. No big deal. They came out the same as Paul's pics. Sweet looking boards. Can't wait to run down to Laughlin with them next month.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts