Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have XM radio on my 2013 RG and the antenna is mounted under the fairing. Every time a bird flies over, I lose signal. Has anyone had any luck mounting the antenna elsewhere on the bike?
Thanks,

Kudu40

·
Registered
33 Posts
I moved my antenna around a bunch and finally found the best spot being right on top of the radio under the fairing. I had even tried the factory antenna bracket that connects to the side of the radio, but I lost signal whenever riding west. Since moving it to on top of the radio, I have had zero reception issues except the expected ones when riding under really wide overpasses.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I moved my antenna around a bunch and finally found the best spot being right on top of the radio under the fairing. I had even tried the factory antenna bracket that connects to the side of the radio, but I lost signal whenever riding west. Since moving it to on top of the radio, I have had zero reception issues except the expected ones when riding under really wide overpasses.
Miles.....did you mount your antenna 'level' on top of your radio? I have moved mine out from under the fairing to the farthest spot w/o interfering with the fairing going back on. My problem before was I couldn't pick up any stations going south, now its spotty going north. Of course I am just about to the point of dropping xm b/c they are always screwing with stations you like by dropping them....i.e. Sixx Sense ch 242

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I tried several places under the fairing for mine. I even had it in the center of the radio,

but the metal windshield trim would sometimes block the signal. I found that I had my best reception when I put the magnetic antenna up on the lip of the radio under the inner fairing. I balanced it on the metal sticking up on the front of the radio. This held the antenna flat in relation to the ground.
When I get my RG back from the transmission repair, I am replacing the AM/FM antenna and will take a current picture of the SIRIUS antenna.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Thanks for the info and pic RGR. Cheers!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no idea what the antenna looks like but is it possible to mount the XM antenna opposite the stock antenna on the rear of the bike? Would it look butt ugly?
Thanks,

Kudu40

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I did something similar to Adown. I used a peice of two sided tape and stuck it to the top of the dash. Zero issues (other than the stuck under a bridge)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts