Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, free. 1st post here gets it. Pay postage only. Please, be sure you can use it. I no longer use it. This can be used at home, on the road or as a Walkman type radio. So, if you can use it, post here. No private PM's. Send me your email for pictures. Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HarleyJack, I haven' heard from sfcusaret2004. The XM is yours. PM me your address & I'll send them. Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I work at a major mid west hospital OR and didn't really have toime. Not upset though. got your email and decided it wasn't for me. God luck Jack. and Thanks 00se1550

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Man, I hate XM. They want me to pay for each vehicle even though I can only be in one at a time. I just plug a micro thumb drive full of my music and not commercials.
I get the impression that the xm receiver being given away here is not hard mounted and can be moved from one vehicle to another, ergo, only one subscription.

whoever got lucky enough to get it, or if you have a sub to xm, here's something to try. first things first. make sure you call them and remove your credit card from autorenewal, tell them you want to be invoiced. no surprises in your bill that way. then, when your subscription is getting ready to expire, call them and tell them you don't think you're getting your money's worth and you want to cancel. they will transfer you to another dept. and if you tell them you want to cancel, they'll end up offering you a 6 month subscription for $27 neighborhood. if you do manage to get someone on the line who is not going to give you a deal like that, be prepared to go ahead and cancel. you'll end up with an offer in the mail.

I did this for over 3 years. finally, I just got completely sick of xm and went ahead and cancelled (for real). I kept getting offers in the mail for a couple of years, and even still occasionally get one.

now, it's been a while since I did this, so ymmv. but it's worth a try still.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I'll try that skratch , figger if it don't werk out , not out much , what is it you don't like about xm ??
Spotty reception in the mountains, and hollows where I prefer to ride.

During my 90 day trial on each vehicle I found I only listen to 5 radio stations. So the rest are a waste.

With my smart phone I can stream whatever I want for free.

The only draw I see for XM radio, and cable TV as well, is for those who want constant news and talk, and mega sports choices.

For music and shows, both are a waste of money.

This is just my opinion. I travel for work and spend about 150 nights a year in hotels. When I walk in the room, I unplug the clock radio and TV. I have reached a point in my life where commercials suck the life out of me. I stream what I want to hear and see.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
I'll try that skratch , figger if it don't werk out , not out much , what is it you don't like about xm ??

During my 90 day trial on each vehicle I found I only listen to 5 radio stations. So the rest are a waste.

The only draw I see for XM radio, and cable TV as well, is for those who want constant news and talk, and mega sports choices.

This is just my opinion. I travel for work and spend about 150 nights a year in hotels. When I walk in the room, I unplug the clock radio and TV. I have reached a point in my life where commercials suck the life out of me. I stream what I want to hear and see.
pretty much my experience as well. I found that the couple of stations that I liked started having a lot of commercials (esp for male enhancement products) and playing the same playlist over and over with very little variety.

for the cost, I have been using mp3va.com for a few years. yes, it's a Ukraine site, and you have to preload your account using a credit card, but I've never had any issues so i'm pretty confident about using it. they have sales pretty regular for $.10 per track, and bonuses on your preload ($15 bonus with a $30 load).

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Me too Scratch.

Been listening to XM for about 10 years. Mostly the classic rock and outlaw country stations. It's cool at first, but then you start hearing the same top 20 every day. And the DJ want-a-be types flap their gums endlessly about every 3 songs.

I dumped XM and now run about 1000 songs mostly from my cd collection stored on my iPhone😎

·
Registered
153 Posts
Your opinion and that is ok. There are many of us here (including myself) who enjoy using the XM/Sirius radio.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Your opinion and that is ok. There are many of us here (including myself) who enjoy using the XM/Sirius radio.
I stated why it is not for me.

Why do you enjoy it? Do you fit in one of the categories I mentioned? Or some other reason.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I have Sirius on the bike for only one reason. I am not chasing stations while on the move. I pick one a day and I never loose it. Only vehicle I have it on is the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts