Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new I have ask, is Harley the only place to buy the xm radio equipment we require to use the harley stock radio? Looks like a very clean instal but its a$500 !!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yes, for a "clean" nothing hanging on the bars, or easily stolen. and thats $500 plus the additional wire harness you'll need. I think when I had it installed it was just over $700 total. And yes, I would pay it again, I have no use for an Ipod and all I listen to is SiriusXM. No issues with reception whatsoever. install it once and never worry about it again.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I used a non HD portable unit on the bike. They don't hold up very well on a bike. After the second one went out I just stick with an ipod. HD made a portable unit at one time. Still see them on ebay once in a while. If I wanted a portable that is what I would try first but honestly I got tired of having crap hanging on the bars.

·
Registered
108 Posts
me too

I have the painted inner fairing, Fat mini apes w/ internal wiring and stainless braided cables and just don't want anything mounted on the bars or on the fairing itself. So just like brhodea, I am going the $700.00 route for the cleanest look and nothing to mount/dismount.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, you confirmed what I thought and as the next$700 sucks I like the clean bars as well ...Cheeers

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Cant stand XM rather have pandora or a Ipod myself.. But they do make bluetooth adapters that plug in the aux port of your radio then you can run any device that has bluetooth to it.. Cant change the station but it is cheaper then 700 bucks :)

Be cheaper to put in a aftermarket radio in.. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts