Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard of Xzilon? Xzilon® Molecular Adhesion

It's some type of protectant coating and they supposedly offer a warranty and protection plan on multiple paint surfaces (denim and gloss)...

Since I'm getting a Scorched Orange and Denim Black RGS, I'm wondering if this might be worth the protection and warranty... I just know nothing about it. Never heard of it before the dealer mentioned it today.

I have some F11 Top Coat that I already bought and plan on using every 3 to 6 months...

·
Registered
326 Posts
The dealer I use offers it. They used to put it on all the touring bikes but you only got the warranty if you purchased the plan. I don't know if they still apply it to all their bikes. I never purchased the warranty or even read up on the coverage. I also did not take notice to any of the products qualities.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
So it's snake oil for your bike...? :grin:
Yes and no. Its prolly not bad as paint sealant goes. But not worth paying for an insurance policy to get it. And its a stretch to call that list of exceptions a policy.

Save your money. Then if you feel the need, buy a bottle of sealant at the auto parts house and do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Calling @phillyfan1

He seems to know this kind of thing. From what I've heard elsewhere, that F11 stuff isn't all they make it out to be either. Though others say it is. Like a lot of products, if it works for you, great! If not, try another.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Calling @phillyfan1

He seems to know this kind of thing. From what I've heard elsewhere, that F11 stuff isn't all they make it out to be either. Though others say it is. Like a lot of products, if it works for you, great! If not, try another.
Yeah. I have 1 bottle of F11. I'll try it this spring and summer to see if it's decent.

I think i'm just being sensitive because i'm getting a new scorched orange bike. But i know nothing will fully protect it, especially with as many miles as i want to put on it.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Yeah. I have 1 bottle of F11. I'll try it this spring and summer to see if it's decent.

I think i'm just being sensitive because i'm getting a new scorched orange bike. But i know nothing will fully protect it,
especially with as many miles as i want to put on it.

Buy em to ride or buy em to look at: never worried about my paint, put too many miles on it for that; BUT I did get a lot of grief about how filthy my bike was! :smile: I just smiled and went my merry way. But that's just me.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Junk!
If you want to protect the paint on your bike, plenty of quality products out there that are proven to do the job. Stay away from anything that is sold at the dealer.
F11 might be a half a step above that stuff. Sell the F11 on craigslist or give it to someone. You purchased a brand new gorgeous bike, protect it with a quality sealant or coating.
If you are going to do it yourself, make sure you polish the paint first. I know its brand new, it still needs to be polished.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Junk!
If you want to protect the paint on your bike, plenty of quality products out there that are proven to do the job. Stay away from anything that is sold at the dealer.
F11 might be a half a step above that stuff. Sell the F11 on craigslist or give it to someone. You purchased a brand new gorgeous bike, protect it with a quality sealant or coating.
If you are going to do it yourself, make sure you polish the paint first. I know its brand new, it still needs to be polished.
What are some quality sealant or coating brands that you'd recommend?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Sealants that I use and have been happy with are: BlackFire, Wolfgang, 4Star, Ultima Paint Guard Plus
Coatings, 22PLE, CQuartz, Optimum Gloss Coat, Gyeon, Polish Angel

For a bike I would recommend Polish Angel Cosmic topped with High Gloss. Its more of a "Show" coating that will last a 1-2 years on a vehicle outside, for a bike this isn't a issue because they are usually garage kept. Cosmic is very easy to use. Due to all of the intricate areas on a bike that can be hard to get to and see, Cosmic wins for easy removal of high spots. Looks of this combo are off the chart when paint is polished to perfection.
22PLE is a incredible coating also that is so glossy looking and last a long long time. Removal is more time consuming then PA. Not difficult, just under a tighter time frame with removal.

Sealants are super easy to use and last way longer then wax. Sealants are not a dust magnet like waxes either.
If you want easy, check out the Ultima PGP. Wipe on, Walk away. Nothing to take off

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sealants that I use and have been happy with are: BlackFire, Wolfgang, 4Star, Ultima Paint Guard Plus
Coatings, 22PLE, CQuartz, Optimum Gloss Coat, Gyeon, Polish Angel

For a bike I would recommend Polish Angel Cosmic topped with High Gloss. Its more of a "Show" coating that will last a 1-2 years on a vehicle outside, for a bike this isn't a issue because they are usually garage kept. Cosmic is very easy to use. Due to all of the intricate areas on a bike that can be hard to get to and see, Cosmic wins for easy removal of high spots. Looks of this combo are off the chart when paint is polished to perfection.
22PLE is a incredible coating also that is so glossy looking and last a long long time. Removal is more time consuming then PA. Not difficult, just under a tighter time frame with removal.

Sealants are super easy to use and last way longer then wax. Sealants are not a dust magnet like waxes either.
If you want easy, check out the Ultima PGP. Wipe on, Walk away. Nothing to take off
Part of my concern is the Denim Black that comes with the Scorched Orange. I don't want to put anything on the Denim Black that will gloss it up (or mess it up). Are there products that will work for this combo?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
There is a couple of companies that sell coatings for matte finishes. If I owned a matte bike I would defiantly coat it

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is a couple of companies that sell coatings for matte finishes. If I owned a matte bike I would defiantly coat it
Yeah, this one being part gloss and part denim, concerns me. Mostly because I'm not the type to spend time washing, polishing, waxing, or sealing my cars/bikes. But this brand new bike... I love the look. I just hate that it comes with two paint finishes... Maybe that's what HD hates too, and why they stopped producing it. I just wish there was a good product that could protect both types of finishes for years at a time to help me out. lol. A pipe dream maybe?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Yeah, this one being part gloss and part denim, concerns me. Mostly because I'm not the type to spend time washing, polishing, waxing, or sealing my cars/bikes. But this brand new bike... I love the look. I just hate that it comes with two paint finishes... Maybe that's what HD hates too, and why they stopped producing it. I just wish there was a good product that could protect both types of finishes for years at a time to help me out. lol. A pipe dream maybe?
If your not into proper washing and drying techniques then I wouldn't recommend a coating. Might want to get the major parts wrapped in film. Fairing, tank, bags

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If your not into proper washing and drying techniques then I wouldn't recommend a coating. Might want to get the major parts wrapped in film. Fairing, tank, bags
Well, I might get in to proper washing and drying if I can find the right products for this dual-finish paint job. Spending big bucks for the first time on a Harley will likely motivate me to work on it regularly. Well, it may motivate me for the first couple years anyway. In the long run, who knows. I plan to put tons of miles on this bad boy, so I won't be able to keep it pristine forever. :smile:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Well, I might get in to proper washing and drying if I can find the right products for this dual-finish paint job. Spending big bucks for the first time on a Harley will likely motivate me to work on it regularly. Well, it may motivate me for the first couple years anyway. In the long run, who knows. I plan to put tons of miles on this bad boy, so I won't be able to keep it pristine forever. :smile:
Pretty sure I answered your thread on the other forum. If I was in your position, this is what I would use

https://www.autogeek.net/gyeon-matte-coating.html

https://www.autogeek.net/gyeon-syncro.html

Or you can go this route. I have Cosmic on my bike topped with high gloss, you wouldn't use HG on the matte
https://www.polishangel.ca/products/polishangel-glasscoat-cosmic-9h

1 - 18 of 18 Posts