Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, if anyone is looking to grab a set of Yaffe 12" chrome monkey bars, check e-bay ASAP. There is a listing for them at $300 with $15 shipping and has a best offer option. I just bought mine for $290, can't wait!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear that. Do you mind filling me in on what you did with wires/cables? I've read several posts but there seem to be varying opinions.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on 14" MB. I will be cutting and resoldering wires. Not going to mess with snags or broken wires.:D

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Just an FYI for anyone considering the MB, for under $200 you send your stock bars to Yaffee, and they will ship back the MB's with the wires run and everything swapped over. Of course this is on top of the cost of the bars. But if you're doing the install yourself it's a lot easier t just get the MB's back and plug in the wires and connect and bleed the brake and clutch lines.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Making good progress on wiring the new 12's. It really isn't as scary as you might think, just don't be in a hurry. I did the CVO TBW 32310-08 to eliminate the green connector. Also, split my control wires into two heat shrink wraps to ease the routing. Hoping to finish up tonight or tomorrow!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone considering the Yaffe MBB 12 bars, here is a shot of the difference vs stock. The picture exagerates the difference a little but not much.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stock wires worked without any issue. I didn't put them back on the side of my radio just to be safe but it's no issue. Do plan on an extended clutch though. Brake is close, wouldn't be bad to change but stock will work if you take it out of the zip tie on the right side of the forks.

I have a few pictures in my build thread. http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=13533&page=4

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks man Im kinda on the fence between the 10s and 12s just because of the cost of wires. Wouldnt be bad if I had the rest of the bike done but thats just not the case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts