Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoa, lots of choices out there. That being said, has anybody found that one brand over another offers considerable ease of installation? I'm leaning toward the KST Kustoms Outlaws in 14", I'd like the Buky Malos but can't stand the step down portion I have circled in the attached pic. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Wade

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just got done installing the malo in 14" the step down you don't notice once all the switches and master cylinder is back on. They are easy to wire also

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have the Vindikta's in 14" with the same step down shown in the picture above. No issues wiring them and when the controls are back on, you don't see the step down. The 1.5" diameter bars look TOUGH on the bike (that's why the step down is there)!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Had monkey bars on the last bike and like them very much. Put kst kustom outlaw on the 2015. Install was easy and fast. Monkeys were back ordered. For the money kst can't be beat.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had monkey bars on the last bike and like them very much. Put kst kustom outlaw on the 2015. Install was easy and fast. Monkeys were back ordered. For the money kst can't be beat.
I was really leaning toward the KST for a while till I saw they don't come in 1.5" I really think that extra 1/4" will make a big difference in wiring and they just look badass.

Now I'm debating between the Malos and the Vindikta Outlaws. The Vindikta just seem to have such well finished welds, they look real clean and the step down doesn't seem so obvious to me.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Ease of operation= NEVER YAFFE MONKEY BARS. Just takes so much longer than the rounded over or 1.5" Now i really like my Monkey Bars, I just hate pulling wires around those very sharp edges. Good luck.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ease of operation= NEVER YAFFE MONKEY BARS. Just takes so much longer than the rounded over or 1.5" Now i really like my Monkey Bars, I just hate pulling wires around those very sharp edges. Good luck.
I like the look of the Monkey bars too, but those angles are pretty severe to wire through. I'm really leaning toward the Vindikta bars.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I went with KST Mayhem bars. Insides were clean and wiring wasn't hard. I used nylon wire loom to fish everything through.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went with KST Mayhem bars. Insides were clean and wiring wasn't hard. I used nylon wire loom to fish everything through.
Input appreciated. I was thinking of lubing the wiring, never thought of nylon loom, good idea.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I did KST it would more likely be the Outlaws as I'm not so much of a fan of the bend halfway up the Mayhem bars

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I an in the middle of carlini gangster apes 1 1/2 bars 14" high. Don't let anybody fool you that bigger bars are easier to pull wires in! The handlebar area where the grips are is still stock width. So you have a bottleneck at the begining.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was really leaning toward the KST for a while till I saw they don't come in 1.5" I really think that extra 1/4" will make a big difference in wiring and they just look badass.

Now I'm debating between the Malos and the Vindikta Outlaws. The Vindikta just seem to have such well finished welds, they look real clean and the step down doesn't seem so obvious to me.
I went to the Vindikta website and can't find any bars on there called "Outlaws"??? Anyone have any pics of these? I'm looking at the Malo's and the Mayhems by KST...

·
Registered
2012 FLTRXSE
332 Posts
Wade, you've ridden mine so you know the comfort of the Monkey bars and far as the install, there are a couple little tricks I can tell you about to make it a lot easier, took me 15 minutes to pull the wires on mine, that is if you like those over the other ones you are looking at

1 - 20 of 22 Posts