Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want a set of monkey bars but they are stupid money. Anyone know of a good quality look alike?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Try Alloy Art or Shadetreefabrcations.com. I really like shade trees bars I may go with them for the RGC but if not I may put them on my old bike that Im going to make a bobber out of.

I talked to rocks from rocks chop and I sent him a pic of the Trask Performance Bro Bars and he said he could build a similar set, but the only thing I didn't like about him was that he only uses 1" tubing. This may make pulling all of those wiresthru them plus I am going with 14"-16" high bars and the 1" I think may look too skinny. Rocks would be alot cheaper though.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I'd like to see a pair of those Shade Tree bars on a Glide. The price ain't too bad, either.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Try Alloy Art or Shadetreefabrcations.com. I really like shade trees bars I may go with them for the RGC but if not I may put them on my old bike that Im going to make a bobber out of.

I talked to rocks from rocks chop and I sent him a pic of the Trask Performance Bro Bars and he said he could build a similar set, but the only thing I didn't like about him was that he only uses 1" tubing. This may make pulling all of those wiresthru them plus I am going with 14"-16" high bars and the 1" I think may look too skinny. Rocks would be alot cheaper though.
Chainsaw got photos of his 15" posted somewhere. He wrapped the uprights with leather. Gives em a little thicker look. I just ordered 11" Holy Johnnies/Coffin mix from Rocks.
Checked out ShadeTree (45 minutes of "Bettys" before I even found the bars). Nice bars. Nice Bettys too.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
At one time I thought someone enquired to Rock about making 1 1/4" bars.. Guess either he said he can't or won't. I never asked, although I do like the looks of thicker bars.
Yeah, I wrapped mine in leather,.. redid them a week ago and added a wire loom around the wiring flattening it out. Gives the appearnce of 1 1/4 bars now, but gives it that "Leatherface" stitched up look I kinda dig.

·
Registered
319 Posts
There is no look alikes! I've got a rearfender to prove that. I hope Chainsaw reads this. What do ya say Chain? All I can do is cry.Just now got some x-tra cash! LOL,...man!
Well there may not be look alikes but I think these bars may even look better than Yaffees. Only drawback is they are about $150.00 cheaper but you have to get them powdercoated. I think I might order a set.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Well there may not be look alikes but I think these bars may even look better than Yaffees. Only drawback is they are about $150.00 cheaper but you have to get them powdercoated. I think I might order a set.
Harley 75 I apologize if I offended ya. Me saying that there is no look alikes is a inside joke that Chain and I only knew. He kinda let the cat out of the bag once w/a comment about Yaffe. But,... thats Chain! And I also mentioned it once myself in another thread to someone about the "CRACK" in my rear fender, that I purchased from Baggernation a couple months ago. Here I'll show ya a pic of how it was when I opened the box from Yaffe.Yaffe was cool about things but I went ahead and installed the fender anyway,...after it took me 2-1/2 months to receive. He told me @ the time of purchase it would be 3 weeks. But its all good. I know Chain was wanting me to drop a thread about the whole ordeal,... but bashing things thats allready been done dont get ya no where.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Harley 75 I apologize if I offended ya. Me saying that there is no look alikes is a inside joke that Chain and I only knew. He kinda let the cat out of the bag once w/a comment about Yaffe. But,... thats Chain! And I also mentioned it once myself in another thread to someone about the "CRACK" in my rear fender, that I purchased from Baggernation a couple months ago. Here I'll show ya a pic of how it was when I opened the box from Yaffe.Yaffe was cool about things but I went ahead and installed the fender anyway,...after it took me 2-1/2 months to receive. He told me @ the time of purchase it would be 3 weeks. But its all good. I know Chain was wanting me to drop a thread about the whole ordeal,... but bashing things thats allready been done dont get ya no where.
Feedback about business's are always wanted and welcomed, either if its good or bad. That way the next guy that is going to drop some serious cash (like you did) can weigh the options. If you see a trend,.. say in Yaffe's case 2 or 3 more people come out of the woodwork and say "Hey, my fender was the same way" then that helps everyone all around. Then again, this might of been one of those 1 in a million things and no one else has a bad thing to say about Yaffe. Which to be honest, your the first person I've seen that had a more negative experience.. BUT, he made it right with you in the end and made the customer happy. Thats what I like to read, when something doesn't go perfect, but everyone walks away feeling good about it.
Sharing feedback will also keep away the few rats out there, that take money and run.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Neano62
There is no need to apologize, you didn't offend me, I am alittle ticker skinned than that. I didn't know about the inside joke but it make sence now. I had read your post about the fender a while ago and that is ashame after such a long wait. I will admit that they bags and fender do look good on your bike though.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Feedback about business's are always wanted and welcomed, either if its good or bad. That way the next guy that is going to drop some serious cash (like you did) can weigh the options. If you see a trend,.. say in Yaffe's case 2 or 3 more people come out of the woodwork and say "Hey, my fender was the same way" then that helps everyone all around. Then again, this might of been one of those 1 in a million things and no one else has a bad thing to say about Yaffe. Which to be honest, your the first person I've seen that had a more negative experience.. BUT, he made it right with you in the end and made the customer happy. Thats what I like to read, when something doesn't go perfect, but everyone walks away feeling good about it.
Sharing feedback will also keep away the few rats out there, that take money and run.
Ya make a great point! bout the rats and takn the mula and bookn. I've just been kinda "SICK" about the whole thing. Appriciate it,...man.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Neano62
There is no need to apologize, you didn't offend me, I am alittle ticker skinned than that. I didn't know about the inside joke but it make sence now. I had read your post about the fender a while ago and that is ashame after such a long wait. I will admit that they bags and fender do look good on your bike though.
Thanks Harley75,... Paul did make it right and told me that he would do whatever it took. I just didnt want to send the stuff back to him and wait another 2 months, so he sent me a set of his "Power Mirrors" and I told him I would get the fender fixed myself. Like Chaisaw says I need to start a Thread about the whole thing and be positive about it! Good Luck w/ your new Bars and hope your happy w/your decision.If not theres always the Real thing to refer back to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts