Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok hopefully this forum isn't like all the others but, I got a couple questions. I got a set of Monkey Bars from a guy who got them off eBay. Now all the paperwork says yaffe monkey bars. After a clusterfuck last night the wires look like I feed them thru a shredder. There are guys on here saying man I had zero problems and went thru like butter, then there are the guys that would pay someone cause of the pain involved. I would be interested in knowing if the guys that got their bars from yaffe experienced the sharp edges even though yaffe says he takes the time to address the issue. I would like some reliable info if it is out there as to keep these bars or just order from yaffe. Also I think some or my problem was I taped the wiring harness tightly together to feed it thru. I wonder since the wires are long enough would it be easier doing it 2 at a time individually. For the guys that had a time with these all tips and tricks would be appreciated. I have eliminated the infamous green connector and soldered everything up and bike runs fine. For those that had zero issues and everything you touch turns to gold by all means please enlighten me and I got 200 if you live close to NC to touch my bars and work your magic. Once again thanks in advance for any tips or tricks and feedback keeping these bars or ordering from yaffe direct.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I tried pulling all the wires through at the same time...didn't work for me. After 2 attempts I decided to feed them through 2 at at time along with a string for pulling the next set of wires.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
were not like the others....

I don't remember anyone saying their wires went through like butter. Ya they were a pita but in my opinion worth it in the end. Definitely a two man job. I ordered mine from DR V-Twin more than two years ago. I managed to pull the wires through with the stock wire tubing still in place. Pull a bit; push a bit; pull; push. Probably almost 30 minutes per side if I recall. The only set back was one connector got bent so I tried to straighten it but instead broke it.

This is on a 2005 so I didn't have to deal with TBW but it certainly had lots of wires for cruize and all. There are a couple good write ups here if you do a search to help you along.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
My buddy installed the monkey bars a real PIA. I watched him tape up the wires 4 times cause every time he tried to pull them they would hang up and shred. Eventually he figured out how to maneuver it through in one piece

1 - 4 of 4 Posts