Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked straight to
paul . He is very Cool and 100% customer servive. Bars got here in a week and on they went . Wiring is a pain but here is what the 10's look like. Hope it helps any of you. I like the comfort and I didn't change any cables just re-routed them.

Tom

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I love the way yaffe's bars look, but boy is he pricey! Look good man!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Comfort is great. The 9's will be fine just be patient with those wires. I got the 10's because they were their "stock" size but they say that they can make any size. They sent a flyer with their new Gorilla Bars in it. The bars are for your serious ape hanger's. They're gonna give Carlini's a run. Very nice bars.

Tom

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Talked straight to
paul . He is very Cool and 100% customer servive. Bars got here in a week and on they went . Wiring is a pain but here is what the 10's look like. Hope it helps any of you. I like the comfort and I didn't change any cables just re-routed them.

Tom
LOVE that look! How much higher are these bars than Heritage bars? Or Mini Apes that Harley offers. I called Baggernation myself last nite... Paul Yaffe answered the phone. He is the Awesome Bike Builder.

·
Registered
303 Posts
More pics???

Can you get some more pics for us to see? maybe profile with wheel straight and headon???

Just got my email notification that my bars should be in on Monday!!! so tuesday im getting them put on!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok hope this helps . Rode tonight and I wish that I would have done this years ago. This is where the bars need to be for me.

Tom

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just got off the phone with Paul and ordered a set of chrome monkey bars with the race levers. They look great on your bike. I can't wait to get them. Is that a CB Euro windshield? If so, what height and do the bars come close to hitting?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok They are 10" bars and the shield is a CB Euro 15" dark tint. The bars are in line with the front forks and at full left the bars just touch the shield, full right there is no problem. To get the Gangsta look Yaffe likes it will limit your turning the left. They are lower than my shoulders and I'm 6'0". Damn comfortable and I enjoyed dealing with Yaffe. He's straight up and loves Road Glides and man can he build some nice ones.

Funky these are quite tame compared to your bars. I felt like you though. At first it was " What have I done?" but then I stood back and said Damn!!. When I took it out for the first time I was hooked. I love your bars on your bike it has been an inspiration . Thanks.

Tom
"

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ok They are 10" bars and the shield is a CB Euro 15" dark tint. The bars are in line with the front forks and at full left the bars just touch the shield, full right there is no problem. To get the Gangsta look Yaffe likes it will limit your turning the left. They are lower than my shoulders and I'm 6'0". Damn comfortable and I enjoyed dealing with Yaffe. He's straight up and loves Road Glides and man can he build some nice ones.

Funky these are quite tame compared to your bars. I felt like you though. At first it was " What have I done?" but then I stood back and said Damn!!. When I took it out for the first time I was hooked. I love your bars on your bike it has been an inspiration . Thanks.

Tom
"
Thanks Tom! I have to admit, I was taken back when I first put these bars on but after all the controls, grips, shield etc, I was pleasantly surprised. After a ride down the road, I wouldn't trade the bars for the world. You wouldn't believe the amount of comments I get on these bars.

Glad you like your new monkey bars b/c they are sharp! Wait until the average joe seems them:eek::D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Those bars are pretty sick. I would love to put some mini apes on my bike. Especially some that have wicked angles like the Yaffe bars. I feel I really need some adult supervision in order to internally wire the bars and give it that really clean look.

How much pullback are there on those bars? I currently ride a low solo seat and it throws me back in the saddle a little bit and stretch a little when I ride. I don't mind riding that way around town but I just don't want to strech more that the OEM bars.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Wow, those are killer. I am 6'5" with a 36" inseam and need some taller bars really bad. I have always loved the Monkey bars but have a hard time shelling out $375 for them. Also always thought thet you have to extend all of the wires. It is good to know that you do not have to.

I know you said to be patient with the internal wiring but how difficult was it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's a major pain, push and pull till you think it wont go then push and pull some more. Don't give up it's worth it when it's done. Two people is a must and use lots of lube. Some say baby powder works well but I had cable lube.
I didn't change anything only re-routed the clutch cable and straightened the brake line.

Tom

1 - 19 of 19 Posts