Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the best pic (crappy cell phone pic) but has the stock bars compared to the 10 inch Yaffe. Nothing to exciting but it gives a visual reference.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thank you for this post. I have been looking for this comparison for quite awhile. This helps out quite a bit with my decision. Thanks again

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have the 10" Yaffe bars and I can tell you they are much higher when installed, than stock. I think the difference is the stock aren't installed in an upright position, but more laid down. Upright, like they look in this comparison pic, would look goofy installed on the bike like that. That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes they look much taller installed!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just bumping this thread back to the top.

Thanks for this comparison, I have been looking at 10, 11 and 12 inch bars and wondered what they looked like compaired to the stock ones.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have the 10" Yaffe bars and I can tell you they are much higher when installed, than stock. I think the difference is the stock aren't installed in an upright position, but more laid down. Upright, like they look in this comparison pic, would look goofy installed on the bike like that. That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.
I'm thinkin' abone has a good point here.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
The other thing you have to consider is pullback angle difference. Stock goes from fairly low to high which automatically puts your arms lower because your wrists are angled downward. With these and other apes, it's the opposite.

Before I installed my 11in Santees, I was worried they weren't tall enough because the grip ends weren't much taller than stock. (much like these PYOs,) but after installation, I realized there's a night and day difference.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The other thing you have to consider is pullback angle difference. Stock goes from fairly low to high which automatically puts your arms lower because your wrists are angled downward. With these and other apes, it's the opposite.

Before I installed my 11in Santees, I was worried they weren't tall enough because the grip ends weren't much taller than stock. (much like these PYOs,) but after installation, I realized there's a night and day difference.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree ... 6000 miles since install and I have to say I really like the Yaffe bars. Im 6'5 so the higher hand/arm position is a big plus. Im running them pretty much inline with the front forks. At full lock my mirrors (HD tribals) were hitting so I did a little shaving on my screen and all is good.

Here is a pic of them on the bike ... its not a great pic ... if you want others just let me know and ill snap some

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I agree

I bet if the grip ends were held parallel to each other you'd really be able to tell the difference. The ends on the stock bars would be pointing to the sky if they were installed on that angle.

I sure do want a set of apes myself. Thanks for the pic

Ricky

1 - 11 of 11 Posts