Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of people on here liking their factory 47 malo bars. My question is what made you guys get them over the yaffe bars since they appear similar to me and the yaffes are about $50 cheaper

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Yaffe 11/4 good chrome
F47 1.5 better chrome, easier to wire
F47 on my 17
Exactly that. Well with the extra 50. My buddy has the 12 yaffe I have the 12" F47. Looks alone make it for me. They're meatier. They were in stick at F47 I had them in 5 days. Them and the anarchy bag guards.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Ease of wiring with 1.5" bars makes all the difference in the world... Quality in craftsmanship is better on the F47's and chrome is better as well.

I installed 14" F47's on a friends 17RG yesterday.... under 2 hours and I took my time

·
Registered
177 Posts
So my good friend has 47's on his '15 RG. I helped him install them, as I have Yaffee's on mine. I'll give you the major difference.

1) Took me 3 hours to file down the welds in the right side to slip the throttle module to go into the bars
2) Took me > 1hr to run the wires, as they kept getting stuck

Had my friends bike wired and on within 2 hours.

Umm, if I had to do over, I'd go 47. And while I do LOVE Yaffe, his ingenuity, drive and personality. Well, I have to speak the truth about the quality.

Oh, one more thing, both sets were Black, both were equal in quality of finish.

-G

·
Registered
908 Posts
In 14" tall bars the Yaffe are 1.5 inches taller than the factory 47. The factory 47 are 2 inches wider than the Yaffe.

Both are very comfortable bars for all day rides. I have done over 750 mile days on both brands.

My 12 CVO RG had Yaffe 14 Monkey, my 15 CVO RGU had Factory 47 after waiting 3 months on Yaffe, and hearing next month each phone call.

I have 14 Yaffe, black on order for my 18 CVO RG. If it takes more than 3 weeks, then Factory 47s will be ordered.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Factory 47 Very high quality! wires just slid right through. Took less that two hours for the complete installation of my F47. Very nice bars.

·
Registered
110 Posts
In 14" tall bars the Yaffe are 1.5 inches taller than the factory 47. The factory 47 are 2 inches wider than the Yaffe.
This is exactly why I bought the Yaffee's; I wanted a little taller and, more importantly, a little narrower. For my ride, the Yaffee's width is perfect; any wider would be too wide.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Black Yaffe 14" Monkey bars are going on my 18 CVO this week. Anxious to get them on as he factory bars are killing my back.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thinking of getting some 12" bars. I hate the ones I have now.
directcycleparts has the Yaffe bars for 339.95. Dennis Kirk will beat that by $1.
Priced out the F47s and shipped to me is about $520.
After reading this thread it is a tough decision since it's $180 spread.
Hmmmm...

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Thinking of getting some 12" bars. I hate the ones I have now.
directcycleparts has the Yaffe bars for 339.95. Dennis Kirk will beat that by $1.
Priced out the F47s and shipped to me is about $520.
After reading this thread it is a tough decision since it's $180 spread.
Hmmmm...
Yafees are nice bars... but wiring them can be a pain being 1.25" bars combined with the peaks and internal sharp edges.

Personally... the 1.5" bars are a better look... beefier.

Plus...

F47'S will not give you any issues... I have done around 6 sets of yaffes... all been a pain... one way or another... all the F47's we a snap and under 2 hours easy on an RG

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was in the same predicament, I went with F47 12" in gloss black. I love, they took a little to get used to the width but I have now and would NOT want anything narrower. I have broad shoulders so they are very comfortable for me, also have a back back and they help my posture greatly. The 1.5" of yaffe 1.25" makes the bike come together IMO, everything is big and beefy on harley, the handlebars should be too. The price is a little more especially for you but in a year or 2 it wont make a difference. What I did was took a measuring tape and took the width of the F47 and the yaffe and sat on my bike. I found that the longer i had the position the more comfortable the wider bars felt.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts