Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To be brief:

2010 FLTRX
Roland Sands Venturi Air Cleaner
Vance & Hines Power Duals
HD 103" Stage IV kit part no.27517-08D
HD 259e cams and 58mm throttle body (both included in Stage IV kit)

dyno'd at Seacoast (NH) HD with 1000 miles on the rebuild

Final figures:
HP 120.8
TQ 118.6

Smooth pull, with easy demand throughout the powerband, thanks to the 259e cams - and who's happy here?!!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee50/doctorharrison/FLTRXHPTQ2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Excellent! I'll have to remember this recipe if I do one of these!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice numbers.

What all is exactly is involved with a stage 4? It gets kinds fuzzy too me after stage one. I hear different / conflicting things past that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cam Choice

Certainly because the 259e's are part of the complete HD Stage IV kit, but also I'd read that the 255's, while liked by many who have them, are reputed to have a lot of low end pull and less so further on [Disclaimer: don't flame me, it's not my opinion, just what I'd read in multiple threads].

Anyway, I'm as happy as can be with the continuously available power.

Ride Safe...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
33 Posts
No way

No way you got these numbers at the harley dealer wich are off. You want the true numbers fined another place other then harley. Sorry just saving you from getting laughed at

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No way you got these numbers at the harley dealer wich are off. You want the true numbers fined another place other then harley. Sorry just saving you from getting laughed at
So, here we go...

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Bench racing is bench racing. Come in swingin' a big dick, you're not going to go unchallenged. Not worth getting bent about... try taking this to harley tech talk and see how you fare. :)

Put the bike on a Dynojet dyno and compare. Those numbers are higher than the Harley numbers listed in the catalog, which are "crank" numbers. Probably STD vs SAE. The "standart" is SAE, Smoothing 5. STD numbers are always higher.

Hey, if the bike runs great and makes you happy, that's all that counts. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Those numbers are higher than the Harley numbers listed in the catalog, which are "crank" numbers. Probably STD vs SAE. The "standart" is SAE, Smoothing 5. STD numbers are always higher.

Thanks, had to look up STD/SAE dyno differences since this is all new to me. Found this:
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/engine-fuel-intake-exhaust/506844-difference-between-std-andsae-dyno-sheet.html

So at a 2.6% difference, HP/TQ is down-adjusted to 117.7/115.5, but the bike does run great, which is all I care about, the numbers be damned...

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Either way, it must be an awesome ride!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you look closely at the dyno sheet in the lower corner it say STD correction, not SAE, so yes, it will have a little higher numbers.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Bench racing is bench racing. Come in swingin' a big dick, you're not going to go unchallenged. Not worth getting bent about... try taking this to harley tech talk and see how you fare. :)

Put the bike on a Dynojet dyno and compare. Those numbers are higher than the Harley numbers listed in the catalog, which are "crank" numbers. Probably STD vs SAE. The "standart" is SAE, Smoothing 5. STD numbers are always higher.

I suppose you're right here. Who really cares about the number, fastest to finish line wins.

I havent been super happy with my stage IV, i have the 260 cam. Considering going to ta Tman 660 or something but for now I've just been beating the daylights out of this motor without breaking anything yet.

·
Registered
211 Posts
A few brief points:

1. The OP has a much healthier and stronger bike that will be a bunch of fun to ride and he is happy, which is all that really matters!

2. Seacoast HD = Home of the "Happiest Dyno in the US".
The OP can only post the sheet he has and that happens to be from Seacost HD, I've seen multiple sheets from Seacoast on various forums and they all seem to be ~ 10% higher then one would expect for the specific combo and all of the owners say their bikes run great which is the key regardless of the numbers.

3. Repeat item #1 above.

·
Registered
304 Posts
A few brief points:

1. The OP has a much healthier and stronger bike that will be a bunch of fun to ride and he is happy, which is all that really matters!

2. Seacoast HD = Home of the "Happiest Dyno in the US".
The OP can only post the sheet he has and that happens to be from Seacost HD, I've seen multiple sheets from Seacoast on various forums and they all seem to be ~ 10% higher then one would expect for the specific combo and all of the owners say their bikes run great which is the key regardless of the numbers.

3. Repeat item #1 above.
Mine was done at seacoast also, i really can't complain about any of the service work there. The bike is very fun to ride, but with the 260 cam i ride the bike over 3400 rpm a lot of the time. I just want some more torque down low, considered swapping the front pulley out but thats almost as much work as a cam swap.

The bike will be going to seacoast choppers right down the road for further engine work when the time comes. He uses T-mann, tunes with a dynojet, uses mostly D&D boarzilla exhaust.

Not much of a website http://www.seacoastchoppers.com/

1 - 20 of 45 Posts