Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are heading to Yellowstone next week and will be traveling without hotel reservations (I know it's crazy.)

Our plan is to stay outside of the part. We need 3 rooms and pretty much prefer low cost places. We want to spend one night in or near Jackson, one night in or near Cody. We will likely stay outside of a couple of the other park entrances. Can anyone recommend some places that might have availability?

We did the Beartooth Highway a few years ago when we were at an event in Billings. Are there any other must see things that are near by the park?

Thanks in advance
John

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
this time of year you will have absolutely no problem getting rooms in West Yellowstone, Red lodge, Jackson or Cody. Bring warm clothes as it is getting cool in the mornings.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I wish there was something reasonable in those areas. I get a Military discount at the super 8 in Cody.........sill costs about 139.00 per night.
If you allready did the Beartooth Pass ( it has new pavement on it this year) you should try the Chief Joeseph Highway and run up to Cooke City. That is one of my favorites.
Going through Yellowstone will be slow. A lot of people go through there after school starts. Its not as bad as during the summer but its still slow. You just have to be glad your there. It is cool riding a motorcycle through there. FYi 29 degrees for the low tonite. I always take my heated vest this time of year.
When you go to Jackson be sure to go across the Jackson lake dam from north to south that way the tetons are in front of you the whole time. Doing it the other way puts them in your mirror.
Wife says you may get a good deal this time of year on rooms.
Ride Safe
If you have any bike problems get a hold of me I have an enclosed trailer.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
+1 on Cooke City. Nice hotel/motels and couple of restaurants. The Chief Joseph Hwy over to Cody is outstanding. If you make it to Cooke City, be sure and give the Beartooth Cafe a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts