Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I must have been dreaming - bought the Madstad with a 16" shield. So this is for a RG CVO and comes with everything you need. The shield is 16" dark gray. I paid $319.95 but will sell for $175.00. Will ship from 01542. Shipping via UPS/FEDEX/ or US Post (not included).

Thanks to all interested parties - SOLD

·
Registered
564 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Everyone,

I love the product and the only reason I'm selling is that the 16" is a bit too tall for me. I bought another one that has a smaller windshield. I think the spacing is a little different on the CVO model although a friend of mine put my original CVO windscreen on his bike without a problem. However, as you probably know, when you order a Madstad they want to know if it is a CVO so there must be some difference.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I just ordered a bigger shield only as my touring seat and winterFF helmet made me sit higher. So you could have just hot another size shield and saved over 1/2 price. Gd luck with sale, I know it will go.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
You can buy another plastic shield only. I have both 16" and 13" and may buy a 14.5 in the near future. I only have one set of brackets and swap the shield. JMO. I drove over to Madstad and picked up the 13" for 100.00. Just sayin' You're looking at losing 140.00 by selling the one you have.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I think it's the CVO RGU where's there's some difference. I tried like hell to fit a standard KW on mine and it fit worse than the damn HD windshield trim. I know when I ordered my Mako the guys at LRS asked what model it is as it does make a difference.

Back to the OP. Call and see if you can get a shorter shield and save some of the loss.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Madstad

PM sent re windscreen

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Just got off the phone with Mark at madstad, he said that the bolt pattern on the 2010 up CVO bikes is slightly different.

Not saying he is wrong but my buddy and I switched out windshields several times doing some comparisons on different shields and never came across an issue. He has a 2011 CVO Ultra and I was riding a 2010 FLTRX. Even another buddy tried a couple of our shields and he rides a 2009 CVO. Now I have a 2012 CVO and I put my Madstad on that I had on my 2010 Custom. Maybe I did something I shouldn't have.... :confused:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Not saying he is wrong but my buddy and I switched out windshields several times doing some comparisons on different shields and never came across an issue. He has a 2011 CVO Ultra and I was riding a 2010 FLTRX. Even another buddy tried a couple of our shields and he rides a 2009 CVO. Now I have a 2012 CVO and I put my Madstad on that I had on my 2010 Custom. Maybe I did something I shouldn't have.... :confused:
I just got an email from Chris and he said the mounting holes are different.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 22 Posts