Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here it goes first one has anyone used the cobra powerpro autotuner? I have used it on my last bike and work very well I like the easy plug and play with zero downloads or maps ran right off off factory o2. I see a lot of people using the power vision and the thunder max. I like the thundermax type just not the price and the power vision is nice but not to keen on having to mount something on my handle bars if I even have to do that not to familiar yet. As of right now my plans will be air kit moded head pipe or v&h power duals. I will also plan on cams at a later date. All going on my 2015 rgs that I have yet to even ride

·
Registered
180 Posts
The Powervision doesn't need to remain connected. Most folks leave it connected because of all of the useful features.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Well that's good to know. Thank you do you have to buy additional equipment to run the auto tune feature?
Out of the box it has the ability to use the stock narrow band 02 sensors to do "autotune" runs. But keep in mind, for the Power Vision, "autotune" is the ability to record your ride in order to create a new static map, it doesnt stay on the bike permanently in order to constantly adjust. The Power Vision is a "flash tuner" which is used to program your ECM.

You can purchase the wideband 02 sensors for extra cost, but again, that just allows you to record your ride for map creation.

For more information, go to http://www.fuelmotousa.com/power-vision.html, and click on the "Auto Tune" tab.

Autotune Pro kit is an extra $359

If you buy the PV from Fuel Moto, they will give you a map based on your combo of AC/displacement/headers/mufflers, etc. They also give you free map support for life.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Tts master tune and dyno

Why wouldn't you buy a tts master tune from Fox cycles for 360.00 find a qualified dyno guy have him tune it 400.00 done deal.mid 80s for h.p. 45/50 m.p.g .I have done it now a couple times now.a properly tuned stock bike can and will run 100% better

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
A riding buddy of mine had the Cobra power pro on his 2012 Ultra Classic and it kept throwing 02 DTCs. IMO it is not a real good tuner.
The Thundermax tuners adjust the AFR in real time so you never have to worry about the AFR being wrong.
Auto tuners will only auto tune the AFR and it will not auto tune the timing. You can make timing adjustment and richen or lean out your AFR on the T-Max tuners without switching base maps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well looks like I'm leaning more towards the thundermax as of now it might be better for me over the long run

1 - 8 of 8 Posts