Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
5 hours out of the house; 1 hour @a mom & pop breakfast joint, (forgot my wallet, told the server that I’d have to run home & get it and I would be right back); a young man had sat down next to me asking about the Slim and we ended up talking for 35-40 minutes said “I got it, don’t worry about it”. Blessing#2; #1 was waking up! �� Still had to get my wallet and wasn’t far from home but the young man insisted that I go on so that I could enjoy my day off. 2.5 hours riding through the country, a full French press of dark-roast while listening to some good blues tunes for 40 minutes then 30 minute ride home shortly b4 the rain started. YES.....A GOOD DAY INDEED. If I can get the pics on here it will show my 4th bike in a row in front of this bridge. Thanks for indulging my rambling :smile::wink::grin: This bridge was originally built in 1886 then rebuilt in 2010 after a storm took it down into the river; The local Amish folk came in and pulled all they could out of the river and rebuilt it. Sorry, more rambling��

Attachments

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Sounds great Jack enjoying life and all her benefits

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds great Jack enjoying life and all her benefits
Have you made it to AZ YET? :grin::laugh: Enjoy your winter dude!!! Happy for ya :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
I always enjoyed riding through that part of the country, even stopped by that bridge.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Sounds like a great day indeed!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
seems you get a lot of free meals lol

i was cruisin 74 yesterday. now that all the orange barrels have disappeared the superslab is nice and smooth!!!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Jack, I love covered bridges and ride through the 3 in Frederick County, MD often. So happy that you were able to get out and enjoy the wonderful weather. Yesterday I was able to get out for a few hours on my Glide and keep the battery charged. Man, it felt good to be riding! Thanks for sharing, my friend.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,103 Posts
Sounds like a great day Jack. Pretty damn tough to beat riding and listening to the blues, and best when you can do both at the same time! If my bike''s ignition is 'on', then it's almost certain there's a blues CD playin' on the stereo. In fact, I'll be riding to my favorite blues bar for live music on Wed. evening and then off to an all day blues festival on Saturday with my lady. Now that you have a few day trips under your belt, is the "Slim" everything you hoped it would be?

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Pay it forward! Return the favor to someone else. This is what makes America Great!
I was thinking the same thing, looks like you will be bumping into someone that will need some help Jack if you beleive in that kinda thing and I suspect maybe you do.

Great story and pics Jack, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like a great day Jack. Pretty damn tough to beat riding and listening to the blues, and best when you can do both at the same time! If my bike''s ignition is 'on', then it's almost certain there's a blues CD playin' on the stereo. In fact, I'll be riding to my favorite blues bar for live music on Wed. evening and then off to an all day blues festival on Saturday with my lady. Now that you have a few day trips under your belt, is the "Slim" everything you hoped it would be?
Unc, the Slim is a lot of fun although I do need to work on the saddle issue! I have some really cool mods (imho) planned for this bike. Funny thing, when I mentioned the blues I thought of you ??. Hoping some day I can make it down your way & you “might” take me to some of your favorite haunts!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I always enjoyed riding through that part of the country, even stopped by that bridge.
Next time you get out this way, please pm me would be honored to ride with ya and show you a couple more, unless you’ve already seen them

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Pay it forward! Return the favor to someone else. This is what makes America Great!
I was thinking the same thing, looks like you will be bumping into someone that will need some help Jack if you beleive in that kinda thing and I suspect maybe you do.

Great story and pics Jack, thanks for sharing!
Agree with both comments and yes sir madmat, you suspect correctly! :surprise: And you’re welcome for the share! I appreciate y’all indulging me. YOU ALL have become a huge part of my life and helping me keep things in balance and in their proper perspective. Thanks to all of you!!! 08Zinc; hopefully life will afford us the opportunity to see “your” covered bridges together ��

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,103 Posts
Unc, the Slim is a lot of fun although I do need to work on the saddle issue! I have some really cool mods (imho) planned for this bike. Funny thing, when I mentioned the blues I thought of you ����. Hoping some day I can make it down your way & you “might” take me to some of your favorite haunts!
All you have to do is get here my friend. I'd be happy to share my favorite live music blues bars with you. Blues has been my favorite genre for about 35 years or so, but living in northern Maine for a bunch of those years, I never had more than a couple opportunities each year to hear any live blues. Then I moved to SW Florida and I'm on Blues overload! There are three clubs within 30 minutes of me that are exclusively Blues music 4-6 nights a week. Plus most towns/cities on the gulf coast have a 1-3 days Blues festival each year, usually between Dec. - March. Come on down!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts