Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive been reading for hours to no avail.

I just bought my 2017 2 weeks ago. I have only put about 100-150 miles on it so far and my tailbone hates me.
Also the stock seat doesnt leave much room for my wife's big butt(seriously, she is a larger woman)

I sure as hell dont want to spend almost a grand on a seat only to be disappointed.
I am 6'4" 240lbs My legs are kind cramped as it is so I was looking for a extended version(also read up on moving the floorboard forward/down)

I am not all about looks, hell, you cant even see the seat wheel riding it.
I am much more concerned about comfort for myself and my wife

Some good reviews about the Saddleman road sofa then some equally as bad.

As insight for a larger guy with a larger wife?
You should also install a tour-pak slide from Kauraken

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
If you have a non Road Glide Ultra/Limited and you have the factory shocks, I think you are going down the wrong path. Seems everyone that has the other models complains about the shocks. If y'all indeed are on the larger side then I think you will never get happy with just a seat, it may very well get better, but I think the real answer is in the rear suspension. The after market shocks are an improvement over factory and the Ultra/Limited shocks have more travel than the other RG shocks. Best of luck!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts