Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else headed to York this weekend? I am heading down for the day on Friday. Will be leaving bright and early so as to get there for when they start the Demo Rides at 9am. Curious to ride a RGU with the new 107 and might even take a spin on a CVO with one of the 114" just to see (that may depend on the line to ride one of them). Looks like the weather should be great for all of the week/weekend. Will hopefully post up some pics here after I return either Friday night or Saturday sometime. Probably gonna hit this joint in Wrightsville then for some lunch at some point too.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Out of leave to make it on Thursday or Friday. May cage it with the wife on Saturday if the wife wants to go, or ride up solo.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I got to ride one of the new M8 RGU. Nice bike, very nice. Smooth probably best describes it. I found the stock seat puts me way to close to the tank and I really dislike the handlebars. The motor is absolutely smooth and very little vibration sneaks in, though it does some, most noticeable was in the handlebars (like mine does). I felt the motor was pretty strong, a little bit stronger than mine and maybe not quite what the 110's are. The handling was where I really notice the biggest difference. It felt very nimble and I was able to flick it into turns at speed and even slow moving speeds; felt much more quick steering than mine. So to show where I am at presently, my bike is an 09 and the 96" motor was built to a 103" with cams. Basically since my bike there have now been 2 upgrades: Rushmore and now the motor and better suspension components. If I were to trade mine down the road, the things that bugged me (Seat, Handlebars) would be easy an easy fix. Will I trade, ?? Not just yet. I really like my bike, have done a lot to it over the years and she runs really strong. I am however, considering upgrading my suspension this winter, as I believe that will make her a better rider all around and besides, my bike is paid for. Anyway, here's some pics.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Hoping to get up there on Saturday. around 1:ish
Dang, we showed up about the same time. Rode up with a pair of Sportsters, a Gold Wing, and a Yammie. Nice day for riding.

·
Registered
352 Posts
We went yesterday, light crowds and warm weather made for a terrific day!
I last visited the old factory about 25 years ago when the test rides were on the test track out back, wow a lot has changed!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Was there on Friday morning and did test ride on RG special. The M8 is in my opinion the smoothest and quietest motor Harley has ever built. I could hear no valve noise while cruising and I was intentionally trying to find a spot in the rpm range for it to occur. The thing I noticed most was the low rpm torque. This motor pulls hard and smooth even at rpm's below what I would normally suggest riding. Over all, I'm impressed!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts