Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the day off work on Friday and rode to the York Open House with the sole intention of riding the new CVO RG. We got there at 9am and I think I only waited about 30 minutes to ride one. They had 2 that were being ran, the one I rode and my personal favorite, the Gunship Grey CVO. I loved this thing. I am coming from an 09 so keep that in check here; but I thought the motor was quite strong and impressive and I thought it handled really well. There is not much I would change about it (might have to change out the engine guard and put on a normal one so I could add some lowers, and would have to add a detach tour pack for when I ride with the Mrs. This thing is probably my favorite CVO RG to be produced since the 09 CVO RG. Who knows maybe in a couple years someone will be wanting to trade a low mileage one of these in Gunship Grey on something else and I will be ready to scoop it up.
Anyway, after we were done at the Factory, we rode to Wrightsville and ate lunch at The Burning Bridge Tavern before heading for home.
Great day to not be at work for sure!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
You're 2nd picture is the one I want. Very tempting. I used to go to the Open House at York every year. Been slacking the last few. Glad ya had a good time.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I ran up there with a few folks..unplanned, they grabbed me at the last minute...interesting that the CVOs are built on the same line as the rest..I thought they were "more special"!!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran up there with a few folks..unplanned, they grabbed me at the last minute...interesting that the CVOs are built on the same line as the rest..I thought they were "more special"!!
I could be wrong here, but I am pretty sure that 2009 is the last year that the CVO's were "more special", as they were mostly hand built, then in 2010 they moved to the way it is now.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're 2nd picture is the one I want. Very tempting. I used to go to the Open House at York every year. Been slacking the last few. Glad ya had a good time.
Yeah, I could see you on that one...Don't go ride it, you wont like it at all...>:)

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Yeah, I could see you on that one...Don't go ride it, you wont like it at all...>:)
Yeah, I know I can't afford to sell this one, so I have yet to even test ride a M8 motor. But every time I see a 2018 CVO RG, I get to thinking anyway. Bad thoughts!!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For me, I like the new motors and I like the Rushmore upgrades (though I still really like my 09, hence the reason it's still around, well that and it's paid for), but then comes the problem...I want an RGU (mostly for the tour pack, lowers and longer suspension, but yet I dislike the rear ends and the seat on the RGU, I much prefer the rear ends and overall looks of the RGS much better. I am not sure I have an opinion about it, but the RGU has the water cooled heads and the RGS does not. I have done so much to my 09 to get it where I want it that at this time I am not interested in trading it and figure it will be around for a bit more. I am actually putting new bars on my 09 this winter, going from the Yaffe 10" to F47 14", and I am pretty excited about that.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Hand made bike's are expensive like a Rolls Royce. So the CVO had to move to a line like a BMW so we could buy one. Just like the pin striping has gone to robots from hand striped. Sad but holds costs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
525 Posts
Me too, love at first sight.

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
YOU SUCK!!!! But congratulations on a beautiful, new ride.
Ha Ha, thanks man. Took me 5 weeks to locate one, happened to call a dealer only an hour away as they were taking her out of the crate.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Ha Ha, thanks man. Took me 5 weeks to locate one, happened to call a dealer only an hour away as they were taking her out of the crate.
I just hope that it wasn't Battlefield in Gettysburg. Those clowns don't deserve to sell a bike or service a bike. Which dealer did you get it from? And, more importantly, are you going to show it off at the PA Meet & Greet on the 14th? Would love to see it! Happy for ya. (But you still suck!0:))

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I just hope that it wasn't Battlefield in Gettysburg. Those clowns don't deserve to sell a bike or service a bike. Which dealer did you get it from? And, more importantly, are you going to show it off at the PA Meet & Greet on the 14th? Would love to see it! Happy for ya. (But you still suck!0:))

What’s wrong with Battlefield?

They aren’t my local dealer but I did pickup a cool t and hoodie there last weekend.

I also attended the Open House but was coming from work so sadly I didn’t get to ride anything.

The Gunship Gray CVO and white Fat Boy might be two of Harley’s best looking bikes.

·
Registered
525 Posts
No, wasn't Battlefield. I had actually stopped there a couple weeks ago on way back from Skyline drive, asked about 18's and cvo's and sales guy's reply was "All of our 18's that are on the way are sold." I said thanks, and left without spending a nickel.

I was planning on the PA meet and greet, but a work event came up, so I'm tied up that day. Will have to make the next one.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
What’s wrong with Battlefield?

They aren’t my local dealer but I did pickup a cool t and hoodie there last weekend.
Where to start with what is wrong with Battlefield? Inept service (Way too many issues to relist them all), sales manager that is shadier than a used car salesman, a service manager that thinks that he is smarter than the engineers at the factory, and a Judas for a service writer that will betray you in a heartbeat. All has been documented in previous posts after they really messed up the motor in my 2011 and ripped me off when I traded it in on the 2015. Over all, the general manager believes his people and that screwing the customer is fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts