Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ride with the breaking wind at 0300 CDT. Decided to head to Lincoln NF near Ruidoso tomorrow instead of Clovis.

Check in to the Yosemite camp site on Memorial Day.

Thanks to all on this forum who've helped me find parts, mods and roads along the way when I was planning this trip during the winter.

Probably won't get back on here while I'm away, will check in when I get home on 7 June.

GIDD YUP!

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Ride safe, and have a great trip... We ride with the breaking wind at 0300 CDT--Now that's funny stuff right there. :D

Rowdy

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Enjoy! Be careful there will be more cagers than you can shake a stick at!!

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Enjoy your trip and be sure to post up some pics when you get back. Ride Safe!!!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gonna take a lot of pics and would love to share them. Someone's gonna have to tutor me on how to do that when I get back.

See y'all in a coupla weeks! Time to get after it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
enjoy!

Headed out Route 66 and up through Yosemite to Missoula MO starting June 15th... I am itching to break out of this office NOW!!!

ride safe!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I envy anyone going to Yosemite. I haven't been there since the 70's. I hope to get back there this time on the Road Glide. Let us know your camping experience when you get back.

·
Registered
932 Posts
UPDATE: just got a cell phone picture from Andyman. He's at the EXTERATERRESTRIAL HIGHWAY SIGN on State Highway 375, Nevada. All seems to be going well. Go Andyman Go........

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In Tonopah, Nv. Staying at the Jim Butler Inn, the only planned hotel stay of the trip. It's currently about 5 am pdt, once I shower and get the bike loaded it's back on raid for the final push into Yosemite.

Yesterday we left Kanab Utah and rode thru Zion np and across the ET hwy, as NevadaSun mentioned. Thanks again, NS, for telling me where to look for that sign.

The day before was the roughest day of riding I've ever had. As we headed west on US 64 just after crossing into Arizona we hit a sandstorm. It was so severe we blew off Monument Valley. Visibility varied from a quarter mile to 40 feet at times. The sky was dark at mid day, like what nuclear winter must look like. At a Kayenta Az fuel stop we were told winds had been in excess of 70 mph. This shit continued most of the way to Page, Utah.

We made it to Kanab, badly beaten down. Sand everywhere. Every switch on the bike grinds a bit, horn is wasted. Amazingly when I inspected my air filter it was in good shape. still looked almost new, just a little brown on about an inch along the bottom.

But that's in the past. I've got a sand hurricane on my resume now.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Andyman.......

In Tonopah, Nv. Staying at the Jim Butler Inn, the only planned hotel stay of the trip. It's currently about 5 am pdt, once I shower and get the bike loaded it's back on raid for the final push into Yosemite.

Yesterday we left Kanab Utah and rode thru Zion np and across the ET hwy, as NevadaSun mentioned. Thanks again, NS, for telling me where to look for that sign.

The day before was the roughest day of riding I've ever had. As we headed west on US 64 just after crossing into Arizona we hit a sandstorm. It was so severe we blew off Monument Valley. Visibility varied from a quarter mile to 40 feet at times. The sky was dark at mid day, like what nuclear winter must look like. At a Kayenta Az fuel stop we were told winds had been in excess of 70 mph. This shit continued most of the way to Page, Utah.

We made it to Kanab, badly beaten down. Sand everywhere. Every switch on the bike grinds a bit, horn is wasted. Amazingly when I inspected my air filter it was in good shape. still looked almost new, just a little brown on about an inch along the bottom.

But that's in the past. I've got a sand hurricane on my resume now.
Andyman, how is your trip going now?? That was some pretty tough weather you were riding in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts