Road Glide banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,476 Posts
Mine would cost me $60 bucks a pop to replace. I have never seen a disposable air filter for a Harley and have always washed the filter and reused. I just buy a good degreaser and let it soak for about 15 minutes then rinse with warm water. Let it air dry overnight then spray with the filter oil (if required, should say on the filter) and reinstall. Shouldn't use high pressure water hose or compressed air because you could dammage the filter. K&N makes a good cleaning kit but any dgreaser will work. Just find out if your filter requires a light coat of filter oil or not.

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
2,339 Posts
Spray with "Gunk" engine degreaser, then soak in a hot bath of Dawn dish soap. Rinse well, and let air dry overnight.

I do this every time I change my oil. I replace the filter every 4 cleanings.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Simple Green, undiluted, and a bucket. No real schedule, just whenever I get around to it.

I use two washes and at least two rinses in clean water. Let it air dry, do not blow dry as that could damage the filter. Been doing that for over 90,000 miles now. Still using the original stage 1 filter.

Gives a nice aroma to the exhaust too :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Just did a week ago. I purchased the K&N filter cleaning kit from Autozone. I don't have mine on schedule with my oil changes but it seems I clean it in between every other oil change or when I get around to it.

It's nice to have a nice clean and refreshed red filter in there at least for a couple of weeks at any rate.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Simple Green, undiluted, and a bucket. No real schedule, just whenever I get around to it.

I use two washes and at least two rinses in clean water. Let it air dry, do not blow dry as that could damage the filter. Been doing that for over 90,000 miles now. Still using the original stage 1 filter.

Gives a nice aroma to the exhaust too :rolleyes:
Same here.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.