Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so went down the rabbit hole and found this: https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2003-Harley-Davidson-HERITAGE-SPRINGER-5009750667

now i like me a springer, but there is absolutely no way that i'm paying more for a 16 year old bike than i paid for my 2019 rgs.

i especially like this line: "Bike has been inside garaged for the entire ownership period and NEVER been driven in inclement weather, or at night, or dropped."

now, i've heard of riding in the rain, though, i gotta admit, i think these things are actually built for outside weather, but i never considered that riding in the dark would be harmful.... who knew?

i think this one is gonna be for sale for a long time.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yeah, that guy is dreaming. "Oh, I put all this extra stuff on it, so I'm damn sure getting all that back, plus the bike cost when I bought it."

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Cut him a break , he has been sitting on it for 16 years. Money tied up in it. He should at least make back the investment, after all it is a " MINT H-D 100th Anniversary Heritage Springer Softail and ONE-OF-A-KIND"
$5,000 in add ons should be wirth at least $10,000 by now.

·
Registered
241 Posts
You can't swing a dead cat in this shop without hitting a 100th Anniversary anything. Soooo many of those out there.

Reactions: kiwidave

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If pigs could fly... I wonder if the Super Duper Stage-1 dude was sober when he placed the aforementioned ad. It might be a special bike that has only ridden in daylight, but as already stated, it's not even fully original.

This bike on the other hand, a 2007 model Softail Springer Classic, made to look like a a knucklehead is one of a kind and worth some extra dough but not the sucker-price asked by the former.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
If pigs could fly... I wonder if the Super Duper Stage-1 dude was sober when he placed the aforementioned ad. It might be a special bike that has only ridden in daylight, but as already stated, it's not even fully original.

This bike on the other hand, a 2007 model Softail Springer Classic, made to look like a a knucklehead is one of a kind and worth some extra dough but not the sucker-price asked by the former.

That's a cool build. But to me it's like putting SS badges on a Malibu. I couldn't do it.

Reactions: Mike U

·
Administrator
10,475 Posts
Dime a dozen and not original ..

Hate to tell him but anni's hold no special value .. Unless you roll it off the floor and never ride it for maybe 50 years ..

JtB

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hes a fucking idiot.
Fixed it for ya :wink:

Accessories are a loss, can’t recoup in cost of resale of a bike. Better off trying to sell accessories separately. As for 100th anny, eh that’s pretty much a flooded market of H-D foolishness making too many. They should have made 100 of each model and that’s it.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
's be a cool "second horse in the stable," but thinking his wife wouldn't be happy with my offer... :grin:

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Special value #$%?...
well maybe the belt should last longer than 112k, good thing i carry enough weed to cover the cost in Idaho, swinging dead cat... funny...rather have a pussy in a swing

Attachments

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
There out of there mind for sure. Smoking something for sure. Like others have said it’s not even original. It’s not even done that nice in my opinion. I love the heritage springer, a classic. That was my first Harley. Still have it. Cool bike. Tried to trade it for Steady Eddies CVO ???. But no go. I tried.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts