Road Glide banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Along with reading this forum, reading my service manual, and watching YouTube, I've learned a lot about servicing my bike. Please understand I've also watched some people do some crazy things that I would never do! Anyone else learning anything about servicing their bike from YouTube? If so, what did you learn?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
341 Posts
For me it started with oil change first and then changing fluids in all three hole. As I got a little more accustomed to turning a few bolts and actually saving money I've since learned

Change handlebars
Install and remove ignition
Adjust clutch
Bleed brakes
Change brake pads front and rear
Remove and install outer fairing
Remove rear fender
Remove gas tank
Install D&D exhaust
Change o rings in the gas quick disconnect line under gas tank
I could type on forever but thanks to this forum and youtube I am very comfortable with saving money working on my shark. BBUUUUTTTT trust me sometimes you screw up more than you fix lol but you will know your bike alot better!

Good subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
For me it started with oil change first and then changing fluids in all three hole. As I got a little more accustomed to turning a few bolts and actually saving money I've since learned

Change handlebars
Install and remove ignition
Adjust clutch
Bleed brakes
Change brake pads front and rear
Remove and install outer fairing
Remove rear fender
Remove gas tank
Install D&D exhaust
Change o rings in the gas quick disconnect line under gas tank
I could type on forever but thanks to this forum and youtube I am very comfortable with saving money working on my shark. BBUUUUTTTT trust me sometimes you screw up more than you fix lol but you will know your bike alot better!

Good subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post pegged it for me too. This forum more so than YouTube, but I use many resources.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I used You Tube to learn how to replace my cams. Worked great but you need the service manual as well.

·
Registered
9,669 Posts
Everytime I have to do something to the bike I always search youtube for some sort of info on what Im going to do. Plus I'm more of a "need to see it" type of guy

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I've gone to watching YouTube like TV, got several people that I watch on a regular basis in a bunch of different subjects. It's handy as hell for all kinds of stuff, lots of tricks to getting things done easier. I would miss it if I didn't have it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not only has it saved me tons of money on the bike, but also, on the trucks and cars. I had no idea about the 2 hidden screws on the washer machine I was going to repair. I figure that $30 part and video either saved me $275 for a service call or a new washer. Yep YouTube has been great, and yes lots of knuckleheads out there so make sure you watch a few videos, and read up prior to repair work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.