·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its funny, because i was just on that site :)

I was actually going to add it to this post to see if anyone had any of their bars on their bikes. Those K9 bars are sic! The Bent Ape Beaters are sweet too. Now im back to having more options.... I think I like these bars better than the Z-Bars...

And I like the price better than the Carlinis.... seems you cant find em under $350.00. Great looking bars, have heard great things about the quality, but for $350 I want a little more. I'd rather Spend $200-250 and use the $100 saved towards grips, or cables if I need them.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I hear ya on savin some $$$. When I put those bars on, I was looking for something that NOBODY had around here, and everyone was modding their SG's. Those bars were the shizzle when I put them on. When I ordered them from Bill it was the first set of Killer Apes he had made for anyone out here.
They certainly made people look twice, and some would look once and then just look straight ahead in thier cages. It was pretty fun. I got my money's worth out of them, that's for sure.

Rowdy :cool:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I am running the 13" inch Z Bars. I got them here locally delaer indy oredered them for customer who changed mind or didn't have all of his money, something like that. I go them for under $275. Lots of compliments on them. I looked @ BR's Customs, Handlebar Lee, & PYM. All of them have some great looking stuff, I just couldn't tell the woman that I was holding on to some $600+ Bars .... But Hey I am not mad at anyone who is.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I agree with getting hooked up and getting a good deal...
I dont know if I can justify $600 bars.... those BR Custom Cycles bars are awesome, at first they looked inexpensive, but all of the itemized add-ons add up quick (powdercoating, shipping, etc). Maybe they have some cancelled orders...? worth a shot

Im trying to convince my gf that my bike is "almost done".... little does she know...

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Dirtbag, cool lookin bars, but I wouldn't want to be the one pullin wires through em. I am sure it would be worth it, but as much of PITA as it was to pull the wires through my PYO bars, I wouldn't want to tackle it.
I had to laugh at your convincing your GF that the bike is almost done. I just sat down with the local indy here to talk about my motor build. My GF's jaw dropped when I told her what the price tag was for that. Not that it's over the top expensive, but it's a lot a cash. Luckily we broke it down to two options the less expensive 103, or the 107... The bonus is she doesn't have to hear me consantly telling her, "I need a bigger motor". when it's done. At least no right away. lol...

Good luck on your quest for bars...

Rowdy :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased some of the Z bars. You have to go to www.deepsickness.net to order and they have some photos of the bars on bikes in the gallery. I will post pictures once installed. Custom made to order also like BR customs without all the added pricing.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up going with BR Customs New Wave II, 12", powdercoated red. Love em.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts