Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So figured I would drop right in even being a new member and share an amp review. Its the zapco st-104d. I won't be using its Bluetooth feature at all but cool it has it.

I choose zapco do to friends using them in audio competitions. The cleanliness and power are amazing and this one is no exception. It is very compact as well.

Still waiting for my speakers to come in but hooked the amp up in the cooler boom box with hertz mille mpx speakers in it and it did not disappoint. Sound was clear and very strong. Soon as hertz components come in I will try and get a video and full review for on bike sound. Included direct tv remote in the picture so you can truly see how how compact this thing is.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So after install in the bike I am very disappointed with the mille pros. Put my friends set of focals in as a quick try out and made me order a pair. Hertz sound great but lack a bit at riding speed. Looks like the hertz are going to the lower fairings. Last time I stray from vocals. Will post a video when they come in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the focal experts in and stayed up last night to install. Did all the tuning today and all I can say is damn it sounds good. Moved the hertz mille to the lower fairings and they seem to round out the mid-lows bit those focals are up top screaming. When the weather clears up a bit I will get a video. This is one bad ads combo.

Focal expert ps 165v1 - fairing
Hertz mille pros - lower fairings
Zapco 104 - amp
Biketronics line leveler

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Got the focal experts in and stayed up last night to install. Did all the tuning today and all I can say is damn it sounds good. Moved the hertz mille to the lower fairings and they seem to round out the mid-lows bit those focals are up top screaming. When the weather clears up a bit I will get a video. This is one bad ads combo.

Focal expert ps 165v1 - fairing
Hey Bask, how did you install the tweeters?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The new specials have a tweeter dip in the grill. I cut it slightly smaller than the tweeter and folded the edges back so that the tweeters have a flush factory look to them. I will take a picture tomorrow and post it if I can remember.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Baskelh, That is exactly what I was thinking of doing with my Boom speaker grills on my 15RGS. I currently have the BOOM I system on my bike and want better sound quality and wanted to use component speakers.
I often wondered if putting the tweeter in that spot would work and how it would look. Great job. Now I have to decide what new amp to go with and which component speakers to use.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just used a drill bit and then tin snips to cut it slightly smaller than the tweeter. Bend the edges back on the hole bit make sure tweeter is an extremely tight fit. Take your time and you should be good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bless0- you can't go wrong with anything focal makes as per speakers. There are a lot of great amps out there. Once you get the speakers picked out then match an amp to them. Look at your rms ratings. That way you can get the best from your speakers.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thanks for the info Baskelh. I think I will do it in stages. The CV B54 amp first. I have some JBL GTO638 speakers in the fairing and JBL GTO's in the speaker lids. I will start with removing the BOOM amp and getting the HU reflashed. Then I can upgrade the speakers in the fairing again then the same for the lids.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts