Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to put together a list of parts for my expected 95" build and I'm really leanin towards the Zipper Thundermax for the EFI. Anyone have experience with it? If so Good or Bad? Really lookin for some feedback on this one. Thanks

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
My choice as well

I can't give you any advise based on experience, but I can tell you that Thundermax is on my shopping list. The independent shop owner that I recently met swares by them, and I have seen his work. This guy has built some monster motors, and uses Thundermax tuners on them. Although the price is over the top, the money you will save on dyno time makes it worth it IMO.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed the Thundermax on my 2010 Road Glide and works great. I had a HD race tuner instaled first, ran like crap. The mechanic at the dealership swears by the Thundermax also.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
DITTO for me

I can't give you any advise based on experience, but I can tell you that Thundermax is on my shopping list. The independent shop owner that I recently met swares by them, and I have seen his work. This guy has built some monster motors, and uses Thundermax tuners on them. Although the price is over the top, the money you will save on dyno time makes it worth it IMO.
Its on my 'to do list' this winter. My local independent shop swears by them as well.
cheers!

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Curious about mods on your ride +thundermax

I installed the Thundermax on my 2010 Road Glide and works great. I had a HD race tuner instaled first, ran like crap. The mechanic at the dealership swears by the Thundermax also.
dbon, when you say "it runs great" is it a marked improvement? What kinid of set up do you have? Have you done any engine mods, i.e. 103, intake, exhaust?

·
Registered
177 Posts
This is the route i'm going as well for a tuner. Most of what is out there is going to be limited on AFR due to the stock o2 sensors. The only tuners out there that come with new sensors are the PCV with autotune and thundermax, at least that I know of. This is also an ECM not a piggyback unit which is why it's more expensive. I've heard nothing but positive things about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 6000 miles on my Thundermax.I have a 2004 with a 103 S&Sstroker kit.
Great unit and great tech support.Getting 38 mpg cruising at 80

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Goodto know

rokodude, I am impressed. Yours is the first post I have seen that anyone has any long term perfomance info. Thanks for the post...

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Haven't forgotten

Hey Mike, I haven't forgotten, just doin a lot of homework. I like what the Thundermax has to offer, but have a lot more research to do. Too many choices like most mods I have in mind. That is what makes it fun. I jumped the gun on multiple occassions with my last ride, and it got expensive. The good thing was it ran great and was VERY dependable.:cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was doing some searching and found this. Someone may be interested in it seems like a great buy, just can't swing the cash right now to pull the trigger on this one. If someone here gets this, how about at least letting me know how it turns out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Thunder-Max-EFI-ECU-Module-and-Auto-Tune-accs-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b4f83fbcQQitemZ170539892668QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

$600.00 to start the auction off and a buy-it-now for $660.00. Seems like one hell of a deal. If I only had the cash!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
pass

i would have to say $660 is more than i would pay for this for used electronic equipment....but thats just me. I'll put my money on full price new here.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i bought mine from eastern performance for $819.00 shipped and this for the TBW. which list for just under $1000.00 will be here tuesday going to have 18mm exhaust port bungs welded in today. i will keep u all posted very excited about this new fangled toy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts