Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading the recent threads on the Andrews cams was interesting, however, I went to a local indy shop for an open house and spoke with some of the Zippers crew that had a booth set up there. After the nightmares of my 2011 Roadie Ultra Stage 4 kit from Harley, I am loathe to have anyone tear into the cases, but want more performance then the AC & slip-ons that I have now. Zippers provided some good thoughts for what I may want to spend from their 107" kit to the more cost palatable .526 cams with a couple of other parts to assist with longevity - oil bypass valve, cam tensioners, and T-Max. Bike currently just has a flash form dealer, so no current tuner.

Does anyone have experience with Zippers? As good as Andrews with similar grind? (I'm looking for low and mid range and these come on at 2250 RPM)

·
Registered
231 Posts
I did Zippers 103" muscle kit (among other things...see below lol!) and I couldn't be happier. 16K flawless miles and it's a rocket! My builder has been using their kits for years and swears by them.

Reactions: 08Zinc

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I used to live and work 10 minutes from Zipper's. My bike has never been there and I've never spent a dime with them. I wouldn't use them for lawnmower parts.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I have no experience with zippers products so I can't really comment on them. But I can vouch for the woods TW5-6, nice tq comes on early & is what you want in a touring bike. At 2500 rpm I'm already over 120tq with my 107" kit. (Top 116.9 HP & 136.1 TQ)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to live near there old shop. Why haven't you used them? I'm just doing homework prior to jumping in. Thanks.

I used to live and work 10 minutes from Zipper's. My bike has never been there and I've never spent a dime with them. I wouldn't use them for lawnmower parts.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no experience with zippers products so I can't really comment on them. But I can vouch for the woods TW5-6, nice tq comes on early & is what you want in a touring bike. At 2500 rpm I'm already over 120tq with my 107" kit. (Top 116.9 HP & 136.1 TQ)
Geez! Nice torque numbers. What 107" kit did you go with?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I used to live near there old shop. Why haven't you used them? I'm just doing homework prior to jumping in. Thanks.
Years and years ago (like back in the '80s) they were a solid outfit with knowledgable people who were downright hardcore with what they could do. They've become a glitzy business staffed by people who don't understand bikes and they don't work on bikes anymore. They went from a speed shop to a re-seller of parts.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Years and years ago (like back in the '80s) they were a solid outfit with knowledgable people who were downright hardcore with what they could do. They've become a glitzy business staffed by people who don't understand bikes and they don't work on bikes anymore. They went from a speed shop to a re-seller of parts.
Thanks for the heads up. ?

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
The only things I have bought from them is the Red Shift cam chain tensioners and an Axtell oil bypass valve. Other than those it has just been Redline oil products which they stock and are only 30-minutes away. The staff inside is always courteous and helpful, but I cannot vouch for the cams and 107 kits.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I have the redshift 577 cam in my 98". Great cam if you want to charge on the big end and don't mind sacrificing some torque in the low end...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts