Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing GPS on Roadglide. Instructions talk about hardwiring into fuse panel. Is there an easier way to go under fairing. Lighter not option already taped in for satelite radio. Saw wire with cap on called HDI only in wiring diagram. Anybody know if that works.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I wired mine to the fuse panel. It was a pain, but worth it in the end because of the clean install. Running the wiring was easy. Adding the circuit to the fuse panel was a pain but doable with the included directions. Just take plenty of breaks so you don't go after it with a BFH LOL

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
what year? i wired mine direct to the battery and ran the wire up through the wiring channel (removed the fuel tank). was pretty easy and no extra wires running anywhere.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
There's always that extra wire in the headlight harness you should be able to use also if the power is not much draw. Should be hanging out on the throttle side of the harness in the fairing.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I have mine wired to the lighter and have had no issues in 6 years.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I used a kit from touratech, so I can quick disconnect if I want. Wired to cig lighter where I also taped in for a usb charger in glove box. No issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts